Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 AM

3 posts, read 7,760 times

Advertisements

Hi -

Does anyone know any recruiters in the Raleigh/Durham area? We are in California and as with quite a few people we want out! I've been on the internet searching for recruiters and have sent out quite a few resumes for my husband but haven't really gotten any good leads. I understand that employers will tend to look at local candidates over an out of state candidate, (I used to be a recruiter myself) but there has to be a way to go about this. My husband is a mechanical designer in the medical device industry and thought the Triangle would be perfect. We have visited NC a few times, I have family in Jacksonville, NC (military) and we just love it. Sorry this is a bit on the rambling side but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2006, 06:30 AM

8 posts, read 23,917 times
There are many head hunters in the triangle area. Did you post you resumes on Career Builder? That is where I posted mine and got many responses from recruiters. I moved here 2 weeks ago and got a job my first week here in North Raleigh... You can also check out www.trianglejobs.com. Do you know where you want to live?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:25 AM

3 posts, read 7,760 times
Hi - Thank you so much for responding!! Yes, we have posted his resume on Monster as well and I've sent his resume to a number of Recruiting agencies. I will check the trianglejobs website as well. The Raleigh/Durham area is where we would like to live. Where did you move from? I know you've only been there 2 weeks but how do you like it?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:27 PM

8 posts, read 23,917 times
We moved from orlando... i didn't hear much from head hunters until closer to my moving time. They -mailed me and told me to keep in touch and give them a call closer to my move date. Keep trying... I was optimistic and didn't worry and I landed a job. We currently live in Wake Forest and I am looking for a home builder in the area. i love it here... really...

Old 08-24-2006, 03:17 PM

139 posts, read 360,108 times
Default Also looking to Relocate

Hello! I'm so glad I found your posts. My family (hubby & 6 month old daughter) are looking at Wake Forest for a possible relocation. We will be flying into Wake Forest over the winter to check it out, and then we have to find a Toyota Dealership that does a high volume in service. Anyone out there know a contact at a Toyota dealership near Wake Forest (Leith or Fred Anderson?) Also, anyone out there relocate to NC from the West coast? Thanks for sharing!!

Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 PM

26 posts, read 95,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
We moved from orlando... i didn't hear much from head hunters until closer to my moving time. They -mailed me and told me to keep in touch and give them a call closer to my move date. Keep trying... I was optimistic and didn't worry and I landed a job. We currently live in Wake Forest and I am looking for a home builder in the area. i love it here... really...
Gracie,

I started a post asking people like yourself to share your experiences about your relocation. I'd love to hear how you went about making the decision to relocate to Wake Forest and what you have experienced so far. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Hi all

I am in wake forest (we moved here from cary last year - quite the long distance!!!!). Gracie, let me know if you are planning to build in a particular neighborhood or looking for a lot. I have a couple of friends who are builders, plus I have a client who is building in cary (their builder also builds in wake forest) and I really like him. We thought about building when we moved to wake forest, and found a builder, but then the lot we picked out was unbuildable (long story) so, our house sold quickly in cary (12 days) and we ended up just getting a spec house in a neighborhood off of purnell road.

Kelle: I don't know anyone at the toyota dealerships, only the capital ford. But, I do know that leith is about 10/15 minutes from wake forest and fred anderson is about 35 minutes - I do believe that fred anderson does more business than leith, but that is just an assumption on my part.

let me know if you guys have any wake forest questions! We really love it here (and I wasn't sure about it when we were thinking of moving here, so it is a nice surprise!)

Leigh

Old 08-26-2006, 04:05 PM

139 posts, read 360,108 times
Default Thanks Leigh

Thanks for the info Leigh! It sounds like you're in Real Estate? I'm a Realtor here in Gilbert/Chandler/Mesa AZ. Any clue on annual house appreciation in Wake Forest? I know that it grew A LOT since 2000, is there a lot of land to build on? I'm not really interested in building, just curious about the market/supply, anticipated appreciation rates for 2007-2008. Prices are holding here in AZ for now, but I don't want to get caught in the scenario of falling prices here and soaring prices there, you know? It's funny you moved from Cary! Cary originally attracted me to the area, but Wake Forest looks better after researching and comparing online.

Thanks for the info on Toyota, I guess we'll just have to visit and scope out the dealerships when we get there in the Spring of 2007.

Kelle

Old 08-26-2006, 05:15 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelle View Post
Thanks for the info Leigh! It sounds like you're in Real Estate? I'm a Realtor here in Gilbert/Chandler/Mesa AZ. Any clue on annual house appreciation in Wake Forest? I know that it grew A LOT since 2000, is there a lot of land to build on? I'm not really interested in building, just curious about the market/supply, anticipated appreciation rates for 2007-2008. Prices are holding here in AZ for now, but I don't want to get caught in the scenario of falling prices here and soaring prices there, you know? It's funny you moved from Cary! Cary originally attracted me to the area, but Wake Forest looks better after researching and comparing online.

Thanks for the info on Toyota, I guess we'll just have to visit and scope out the dealerships when we get there in the Spring of 2007.

Kelle

A fellow zonie getting out. Hi kelle heading out to NC myself from Gilbert, I want to sell ASAP and get there already. Husband has his RE license here in Gilbert too. We are heading to the Charlotte area. Just wanted to say hi and good luck to you!!

Old 08-26-2006, 06:24 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Kelle!

Yeah, I am a realtor, have my own company........wake forest is booming, in my opinion. New or relatively new neighborhoods are cropping up left and right. we bought a spec house in may last year and they are now getting ready to sell another house in our culdesac (newly built) and the house they are selling is 700 square feet smaller and on the market for 30k more than we paid for our house. So, it definitely depends on the neighborhood (big places like wakefield and heritage are still building new homes but there are always a number of homes on the market, so they are not seeing as much of an increase). The thing about wake forest is many of the new neighborhoods are in the 400k plus range. There is a golf course going in about 3 miles from us, and the lots are starting at 250, with houses in the 800's

I think a lot more people are moving here because it is a convenient commute to research triangle park (the majority of people in our neighborhood work there), plus you get more land (most houses sit on at least 1/3 acre, if not more. we are on an acre), and it has all of the conveniences of raleigh (shopping, a mall close by, good schools, etc). So, people who cannot afford to live in cary, or who want a little more space between houses, tend to look in this area.
Since we moved into our neighborhood, most of the prices of comparable houses have gone up close to 30k. We are in a neighborhood in the 400 range. When we moved here, they said the neighborhood was the high 300's. that has happened in most places, up by about 30k. Let me know if you have more questions..........you can send me a PM or to my email leigh@sweetpeaproperties.com

good luck!!!!
leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary