Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:38 PM

58 posts, read 149,093 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I think Durham is a perfect AAA city. I'd rather see those taxes go into public transportation. However, with Raleigh matching Cincy in size, one has to wonder if a MLB team would do well here. The only counterpoint is that Cincinatti has a rich baseball tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 05:25 AM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
The Rays are getting a new stadium in Tampa Bay, so they won't be moving anywhere..

The Official Site of The Tampa Bay Rays: Ballpark: New Ballpark

Old 04-14-2008, 05:42 AM

219 posts, read 588,527 times
I'm moving to the Raleigh area here in a few months...I will gladly kidnap the Ray's and toss them in the back of my truck. I've been to hundreds of games...pretty sure that the people in Tampa won't mind.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 AM

754 posts, read 1,692,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
I'm moving to the Raleigh area here in a few months...I will gladly kidnap the Ray's and toss them in the back of my truck. I've been to hundreds of games...pretty sure that the people in Tampa won't mind.
Before you leave, could you please ask the Rays to give some players back to the Bulls. There's no talent left. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 13,913 times
RALEIGH needs a major league team here

Old 02-12-2009, 07:12 PM

746 posts, read 2,246,990 times
I don't know why MLB would consider coming to town then the Hurricanes are having such a hard time making the numbers work - and keeping fans coming back game after game - despite deeply discounted ticket prices. IOW there is a limited budget here for sports entertainment, and it's split between the mudcats, the bulls, the canes - why introduce another spending opportunity without making sure that there's enough money to go around for the opportunities that exist ? You know, fiscal responsibility ?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:20 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Selfishly, I'd prefer to keep the Triangle MLB free. Heck, I can walk out of my office and across the street to a Bulls game -- or I can bike from my house to a Bulls game.

Given that a MLB ballpark would likely be built in Wake Co., no way for me, man!

Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 PM

249 posts, read 691,772 times
I know its a pipe dream, but id love to see it. Im a die hard Orioles fan and the only major regret I have for moving to Raleigh from Baltimore 3 years ago is the fact I won't be able to take my kids(wife is pregnant with our first) to major league games many times a year. I know that a kid would have just as much fun at AAA games, but its not the same for me.

Oh and if we did get a team, then I could actually watch the Orioles here since they would not be blacked out anymore. Seeing that TWC continues to disobey court orders, this will be the first year I will not get to watch them play(I used to have DTV, but cannot get it at new house).

Oh and if there ever was a team in NC, I am sure Charlotte would be the city that would land the team. When you hear talk of relocation, Charlotte is often 3rd on the list after places such as Portland and Las Vegas.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:04 PM

316 posts, read 1,006,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
Selfishly, I'd prefer to keep the Triangle MLB free. Heck, I can walk out of my office and across the street to a Bulls game -- or I can bike from my house to a Bulls game.

Given that a MLB ballpark would likely be built in Wake Co., no way for me, man!
Come on....you don't ever go into Wake County?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:28 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanvald View Post
I know that a kid would have just as much fun at AAA games, but its not the same for me.
Just think of the extra $$$ you'll keep in your wallet from taking your kids to AAA games rather than MLB games. It's one of the main reasons why my kids have seen the Pawtucket Red Sox play in person but not the parent club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary