Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 06:17 PM

393 posts, read 673,705 times

Advertisements

We plan on doing some visiting in many of Fuquay-Varina's exclusive high end communities, mainly to view the mansion's landscaping. We find our best ideas come from some of the high end properties.

What do you think of these communities and are there more on this level? If the sun comes out tomorrow, we would like to tour some of these.
  • Brackenridge
  • Highcroft (Allows Horses)
  • Sunset Lake
  • Woodlake Estates

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-26-2009 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Deleted off-topic comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:27 PM

645 posts, read 1,503,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIntruder View Post
We plan on doing some visiting in many of Fuquay-Varina's exclusive high end communities, mainly to view the mansion's landscaping. We find our best ideas come from some of the high end properties.

What do you think of these communities and are there more on this level? If the sun comes out tomorrow, we would like to tour some of these.
  • Brackenridge
  • Highcroft (Allows Horses)
  • Sunset Lake
  • Woodlake Estates
They are all very nice communities. Enjoy. I like Sunset Lake.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-26-2009 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:02 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
If you decide to buy in any of those neighborhoods, you should find some good deals. Many of them have been for sale for over 200 days! There is one that actually sold in Brackenridge that was on the market 737 days! Another one in Brackenridge that has been on the market for 733 days and is still for sale! Make sure you have your Realtor pull comps BEFORE you purchase...you'll want to verify this!

Vicki

Old 09-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
If you decide to buy in any of those neighborhoods, you should find some good deals. Many of them have been for sale for over 200 days! There is one that actually sold in Brackenridge that was on the market 737 days! Another one in Brackenridge that has been on the market for 733 days and is still for sale! Make sure you have your Realtor pull comps BEFORE you purchase...you'll want to verify this!

Vicki

Do they take away the landscaping if a home doesn't sell within two weeks, 'cause that's what we are going there to look at. We aren't looking to buy. We already have a home and neighborhood we love. As I said originally, we are looking to gain some landscaping design ideas from some exclusive communities in Fuquay-Varina.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-26-2009 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: No need to be snarky, thanks.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,513 times
The only Highcroft I know of is in Cary, is there one in Fuquay Varina too?

Mike

Old 09-27-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
The only Highcroft I know of is in Cary, is there one in Fuquay Varina too?

Mike
Sorry. I meant High Grove. It was late and I was tired. Thanks for the catch.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:43 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,814,930 times
Take a ride thru Jamison Park, too-not far from you.
Optimist Farm to West Lake Road, Right on West Lake, entrance to Jamison Park on the left just past the school complex.
Many well maintained yards in there-good for landscape ideas.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:44 PM

We saw two neighborhoods today. Brackenridge and High Grove.

Brackenridge was very unique and absolutely beautiful. The homes are isolated from each other, tucked deep into the woods. We have not seen anything in the entire Triangle that compares to these types of lots/homes. There are a lot of homes in there and inventory is limited overall and I can see why. No one wants to move away from such a natural setting. They are so secluded, we could not get great looks at the landscaping without trespassing.

High Grove is a work in progress and will appeal to those that like huge lots, extremely upscale homes and a free style country experience. We loved the landscaping leading into the neighborhood and will pull some ideas from it. I can't wait to see it more built out. It is certainly a great lifestyle for those with lots of money.

We still have to check out Sunset Lake.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 50,846 times
We did the same thing. Landscaping ideas are ok but not the best. Most homes are built on small lots and homeowners are working and do not have a lot of time to do landscaping (they are working to pay for their house!). I'd look in Brackenridge as they are a little more refined community. High Grove is also a good option as they are better than Sunset Ridge. I'm not impressed with many of the Sunset Ridge homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary