Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 AM

7 posts, read 22,294 times

Advertisements

I am getting an attractive mortgage loan terms from Sun Trust Bank in Raleigh, NC.

Anybody have any experienes, good or bad, to relate ? Anything to watch out for while dealing with them ?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:40 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,088,540 times
We had a great mortgage loan officer with SunTrust and I would recommend him in a heartbeat. My sister in law and her husband used him as well and thought he was so great they re-fied with him, too. I don't have experience with anyone else, but overall the process was smooth and easy.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:48 PM

171 posts, read 430,057 times
Same. Great experience. Super good rate. Go for it.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:43 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
I don't have any experience with them, personally, but they came highly recommended by one of Dh's co-workers. I did make contact for rates and terms and the representative was very polite, helpful and responsive.

Good luck.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:14 PM

79 posts, read 226,890 times
we have used them for our primary residence and rental properties, great rates, great service!!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:02 PM

21 posts, read 44,743 times
We've had a home loan with Suntrust for about 6yrs and until recently everything had gone smoothly. About 3 months ago Suntrust mistakenly deposited our loan payment in another persons account. Suntrust then sent us a $125 late fine along with a delinquency notice. My first thought was wow! 6yrs of perfect payments and they immediately jump to the conclusion that we didn't pay our bill!! A phone call would have been awesome!! Basically it was up to me to prove that I had paid them. Had to pull the processed photo copy of the check with Suntrust's stamp; 3 weeks later the issue was taken care of, but it was a pain in the butt getting the issue resolved!! So Suntrust is a big bank, has decent rates, but if something goes wrong they'll immediately assume its your fault!! While this could happen at any bank, I will not be using them for future loans.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:30 PM

413 posts, read 1,254,796 times
Raleightarheel, I hear your pain. Unfortunately it can happen with any bank. What the OP needs to bear in mind is that once they close, no bank "keeps" the mortgage in house. It's sold off to other companies. Really it boils down to the 1) the rate and 2) the relationship. Actually if you have a great relationship, then that might the first.
Big banks no longer look at people but base everything on numbers. If you have the numbers to qualify you are good, if not there is no local authority with Suntrust. It's all decided either in Atlanta, Florida or up north if exceptions are needed. So bottom line, if you qualify, and you are happy with the rate and the relationship go for it, but recognize it's not a "long term relationship" with the bank as far as mortgages go.
My only complaint is that they are too black and white, but that is true of other big banks also. No local authority.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,408 times
We did an 80-10-10 and the 10% mortgage is with SunTrust. No complaints and the rate was good.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 AM

842 posts, read 2,587,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleightarheel View Post
So Suntrust is a big bank, has decent rates, but if something goes wrong they'll immediately assume its your fault!! While this could happen at any bank, I will not be using them for future loans.
Unfortunately they all do .. sucks but hey; it is what it is

Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 AM

476 posts, read 1,676,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2town View Post
I am getting an attractive mortgage loan terms from Sun Trust Bank in Raleigh, NC.

Anybody have any experienes, good or bad, to relate ? Anything to watch out for while dealing with them ?
Ausmerika is right - it is unlikely that they will hold your mortgage - they will sell it to another loan provider. That being said, if you are happy with the terms and rate go for it! They are a reputable financial institution.

Curious - what is the current interest rate you are quoted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary