Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 03:35 PM

80 posts, read 345,405 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are relocating this summer to Cary and have purchased a home in Amberly. Our daughter will be a freshman at Panther Creek this fall. We are moving from Fort Mill, SC a suburb of Charlotte. The reason we lived in Fort Mill was because of the (believe it or not) excellent school system. Our daughter qualified for the GT program as an incoming 6th grader, so this year in 8th grade she took English 1 and Algebra 1. As a GT student, in 9th grade she would have taken all honors courses and then sophmore year could have started with AP courses. Does Panther Creek have this same kind of setup? I normally find this stuff out before I buy a house, but since we decided to live in Cary, I knew we'd be in Wake Co. schools no matter what, and I figured they all had pretty much the same programs.

If you have time to answer I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 03:42 PM

379 posts, read 959,294 times
Panther Creek HS offers many AP courses. Having had a child that recently graduated from PCHS and having an incoming freshman- we have been VERY happy.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:07 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
All of the local high schools offer honors and AP courses.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:33 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,451 times
Former teacher from PCHS here! You have NO worries; your daughter will have challenging classes and lots of options. The teachers are excellent and we are in the top of all the Wake County lists...if I were still teaching there I'd tell you I'll watch for her but every teacher in that school will I promise. FWIW, I moved about 40 min away and needed to transfer but if I didn't I would have retired from that school; it was the best school I've ever worked at (17 yrs teaching math.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary