Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:22 AM

31,680 posts, read 40,970,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
So you're saying this is the right policy, just the wrong board to implement it?
I am not saying it is the right policy. I pretty much keep my thought on that off the table. I am more a commentator on what is said and trying to keep things accurate with multiple perspectives. Policy aside I am seeing a train wreck and a train about to derail. The destination of the train for better or worse is not the primary issue right now. The issue is the quality of the Engineer (oops on leave) and the passengers fighting for control of the train as it races faster and faster around the curves and down the hills. Yes building momentum racing to a destination it may never reach! Does it really matter what the weather is like at the station if the train doesn't get there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,894,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The destination of the train for better or worse is not the primary issue right now. The issue is the quality of the Engineer (oops on leave) and the passengers fighting for control of the train as it races faster and faster around the curves and down the hills.
To use your metaphor, I believe the destination of the train is exactly the issue. This board has a very clear destination in mind, and a lot of people seem distracted by what's being served in the dining car and who is seated where, rather than where the train is headed.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,840,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
From the top to the bottom, from National to Local isn't that what it is all about these days? A continuing cycle as each side takes shots when they can as often as they can. I missed the sexual innuendo about someone at the local level. Who is that? When board members align with political parties it is Katie Bar the Doors and let the political wrangling begin. When Tedesco showed up at the Tea Party( a group known for name calling) he opened the doors making himself a target by others.
Tedesco was mocked as effeminate/ gay at a meeting. It was on the news.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-25-2010 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Discussions of national figures belong in the Politics forum.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Tedesco was mocked as effeminate/ gay at a meeting. It was on the news.

I agree with you about this beeing from teh top to the bottom- witness the Afganistan flap. Of course there had to be a change in command. For crying out loud. How can Obama lead when the team is not on board? Really?
Ok help me to understand. The opponents to Tedesco tend to be liberal. Liberals tend to embrace gay rights. In general not an absolute. So who were the folks mocking Tedesco and so if he is gay and on the board of education? Why were their comments newsworthy? Sensationalism to stir up the pot worthy maybe.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
To use your metaphor, I believe the destination of the train is exactly the issue. This board has a very clear destination in mind, and a lot of people seem distracted by what's being served in the dining car and who is seated where, rather than where the train is headed.
Hmmm reminds me of a song of years ago.

People get ready there's a train a coming
Don't need no ticket you are already on board

Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 AM

2,001 posts, read 3,573,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
Nice. Nothing like a bunch of part-timers with "real" jobs elsewhere micromanaging the work of someone they hire, one assumes, with faith that person can get the job done.
Yeah we need career politicians running the system so they can cover their butts and assure their jobs are safe. That is the entire problem with our leadership system, it's inhabited by career politicians instead of regular people.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Yeah we need career politicians running the system so they can cover their butts and assure their jobs are safe. That is the entire problem with our leadership system, it's inhabited by career politicians instead of regular people.
Regular people with or without a knowledge and skill base. On the job training without the state school board association to provide the knowledge of their cumulative years of experience on Boards of Education state wide? How regular is regular?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:55 AM

200 posts, read 448,398 times
Well hopefully they have time to think now. I dont think WCPS is growing as fast s it once was.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 AM

Are we reaching a Glenn Beck moment in what it takes to effectively steward a school system?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dytdude View Post
Well hopefully they have time to think now. I dont think WCPS is growing as fast s it once was.
Yeah I have a hunch the school system may not be the magnet it once was for transplants and business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary