Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 PM

381 posts, read 1,325,843 times

Advertisements

I thought about a basement lot, but I wanted more of a level yard. However, that's just b/c of some personal preferences. I really like the basement homes backing up to the ponds, and I think it will sell well.

The Georgetown is a very nice plan, too. I like the sunroom off the kitchen. Which elevation are you planning? Are you doing a finished basement?

Good luck!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 02:29 PM

31 posts, read 100,841 times
Doing elevation II. I love the sunroom as well. No finished basement...having plumbing put in though in case the next folks want to do it. We only have and intend to have one child so the house is plenty big enough for us. They also had a Fairfield inventory home that seemed to be a great deal and I liked the location....however, the timing is bad for us right now....we need to sell one of our properties in LA before we can move on this so the down time for building works out better.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 PM

Default good deal

That sounds great. Elev II was my fav w/that plan, and I think you'll like it. I didn't go inside that Fairfield spec home, but I thought about it. In the end, I just didn't like the lot enough to give that one serious consideration and we ended up in the Shea section.

Good luck with the house.

Oh, and howdy, neighbor-to-be!

Mike

Old 07-10-2007, 08:21 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,573 times
We're in a Georgetown! (though in an established neighborhood). We're really loving the floorplan though the family room is kind of dicey to arrange furniture in (we want to put a tv in there and still haven't figured out exactly where to put it). The double pantry, L shaped bedroom, kitchen, and sunroom are some of my favorite features The walkup (by ladder) attic is really nice too, though I wouldn't mind a basement for easier storing of stuff This is our first time in ages we haven't had one. The people who built the house did the upstairs option to make the master bedroom and bonus rooms smaller to have a fifth bedroom which is the main reason (other than the yard and floor plan) that we chose this house. We have four boys and although they will share in pairs eventually it's nice to have the flexibility while they're little and have erratic sleep/nap schedules We're not into formal dining rooms so that is going to be the library (ie bookcases and couches) and the formal living room is a downstairs playroom... I found a vintage school table and chairs set that we put in the sunroom along with a wall of storage containers for all our craft and art supplies. I'm also going to put a little bistro set in there b/c the hubby misses having his breakfast in there from when I had an adult sized table and chairs set up It took us a while to figure out what to do with the various rooms, which was a fun position to be in Ok I'll stop rambling about how much I love my floorplan. You'll both have to let us know how you like your new homes I went to look at Brightleaf last wknd. It's a beautiful subdivision and it looks like they're doing a good job at keeping some trees.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:34 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times
We, too, went to Brightleaf last week to see what it was all about. We really liked the neighborhood design. We looked at the Standard Pacific houses just because they were more in our price range and size range (less expensive and smaller). For a smaller house, they have done a real nice job with the floorplans. It's hard to find a new house under 2000 sf it seems. And they don't seem all cheesy and plastic-y like some new construction we've seen.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 PM

I really liked the Standard Pacific models at Brightleaf. The floorplans were really open and flowing yet each space felt its own. The floorplan is what makes or breaks the house imo.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Default I drove through the SP sections

I thought the Standard Pacific homes looked nice from the outside. I was pleasantly surprised that some seem to have decent-sized lots, too. They have a few 1-floor plans. That's a big plus for a lot of folks.

Mike

Old 07-10-2007, 01:44 PM

31 posts, read 100,841 times
Thanks for all the feedback! I tell you, the view from the sunroom out to the lake (I know it's really a pond Mike, moving from LA it's a lake to us sold me on the house! I'm not too keen on the wrap around kitchen but we're going to see what we can do with it. Just got all of our info squared away today and going ahead now! So excited.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM

I'm loving the kitchen layout It's just the right size to quickly access everything while still feeling roomy. No room for an island but I haven't felt the need b/c there's so much counterspace. If only I could get all the junk off of it that doesn't belong in the kitchen it would be even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria - G View Post
Thanks for all the feedback! I tell you, the view from the sunroom out to the lake (I know it's really a pond Mike, moving from LA it's a lake to us sold me on the house! I'm not too keen on the wrap around kitchen but we're going to see what we can do with it. Just got all of our info squared away today and going ahead now! So excited.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Default When

Gloria, when you expect your house to be ready? I don't think ours will be ready until Feb. We haven't broken ground yet. We're supposed to go the Shea design center this week. The number of options are mind boggling. Wow. We have 2 appts (one Tuesday morning, the other Wednesday afternoon) that are 4 hours each to sort it all out. Yowza.

Good luck with yours!

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary