Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 AM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times

Advertisements

Specifically Weatherly development by KHov. Any thoughts on the general area? Homes seem to fall between 115 and 140K. Is this an up and coming area or a must to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:26 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Franklinton is a small township of about 8,000 residents. It's a pretty rural area. Also a fairly poor area with the median household income of around 38K/yr.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:26 AM

656 posts, read 1,991,395 times
I don't know about that community but I live in Franklinton on the southern Granville County side. I rarely have gone into Franklinton except for a post office trip every so often. IMO it really isn't up and coming just yet speaking specifically of the town itself. Franklinton is wide spread in that there are some very nice expensive subdivisions and then some that are really not that great at all. If you are looking at Franklinton that is in Franklin County please do check out the schools first. I have 2 friends who moved out of Franklin County because of the schools. The other thing to consider is that Franklinton is rural and pretty far out. Where I am at I can get to Wake Forest which has all the amenities that I need within a 12 mile drive. Both my husband and I work from home so commuting is not a problem from us.

Is Franklinton up and coming? I'm not quite sure, but then I am sure those who lived in Wake Forest years ago never thought it would be what it is today.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:48 AM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Thanks for the replies. In my case since I never plan on selling the schools are not a major concern. I will retire wherever I decide to buy. I just don't want to be the old guy in the neighborhood with the target on his back. In my case the difference between 140K and paying up for a 200K home is a big deal. Can you walk around without track shoes in those parts?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM

45 posts, read 95,891 times
I have a Franklinton address on the Youngsville, Franklinton line. We own a piece of land outside of a subdivision and love the rural aspect of it. Most people let you live how you want and don't care if you are a few days late mowing your lawn.

We were a little worried about the Franklinton schools but we got our kids into Franklin Academy and they are doing great there. Though I graduated from Franklin Co schools (Youngsville, Bunn) and did alright. I think I got a good education; the teachers were great and most of the students cared about their education. It's not always about how new or fancy the building is. If the Franklin Academy thing had not worked out I'm sure everything would have been fine.

The expansion is slowing making its way out here. When we first moved to this property we had to drive 20 minutes or more to a good grocery store, auto parts store or fast food place, now we have them less than 5 minutes away. So it's definitely not as secluded as it once was; I'm not sure if I like that or not. : ) Fancy subdivisions are popping up too, like Olde Liberty, which will probably only help increase the appeal of the area.

As for the downtown area of Franklinton, I don't know much about it because I never go there. No need to.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:20 AM

128 posts, read 453,062 times
I live in Weatherly. We've been here for a year and a half now and I really, really like it. Nice neighbors, lots of building still going on, the pool is still uncrowded and we walk, bike, etc all around here. Nice families and good but not overly meticulous lawns, lol. Though that may just be ours... It's quiet and I don't know what that person above was talking about it taking so much longer from here to get to WF, but it's a two mile drive back to One, where you easily find groceries, a nice hardware store, parts stores, really good Chinese place, and then ten miles south (about) to WF where you can now find anything you want. We rarely go all the way into Raleigh for anything, but even that isn't such a big deal, even in rush hour traffic. Additionally, and while I HATE Walmart myself, there IS a new Walmart open over in Louisburg which is only about seven miles from our sub, so if you really want the Walmart, it's right there. Personally, I like the Super Target out on One in Wake Forest and of course, that's right there with the Lowe's and Home Depot, too. I'm down there all the time to run errands. "Downtown" Franklinton is cute, quiet, and trying to get community spirit going. The Christmas parade was FANTASTIC and the people through and around town are nice, helpful, and friendly. I walk on the town park's track many mornings, as do others. It's a nice little town. And yes, I fear it's growing faster than I'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary