Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM

37 posts, read 213,865 times

Advertisements

Are they continuing to construct route 540 which will make it into a complete circle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 PM

2,187 posts, read 7,978,292 times
We are trying to figure out the same thing. My realtor is doing some research on it for us. From what we gather the proposal of its continuation has been looming for quite some time. No actual move to complelte it though anytime soon. We just placed an offer on a home in that area and now are having some second thoughts. The orginal map we were basing our interest on showed the area we offered at as going to be a few miles from the 540 once it is built but after getting home today and consulting 2 other area maps it looks as though it is much closer that we had anticipated. we are biting out nails now trying to figure it out so that we can withdraw the offer if the 540 will be too close!!! I hope someone has some answers soon!

Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,391,400 times
They're slowly adding sections when funding is available.

Currently open: from I-40 at RTP, up over to US 1 North of Raleigh.

Will definitely open (under construction): US 1 over to US 64 Bypass, east of Ral. AND I-40 at RTP down to NC 55.

The rest isn't funded yet, as far as I know.
There's talk that if they start making sections a toll road, they can get the funding to build it faster.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:02 AM

180 posts, read 732,308 times
there was a whole thread on the apex message board about that if I recall correctly. I think it said they wanted to make it a toll road to pay for it sooner than later, but it was 2016 to completion.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:16 AM

180 posts, read 732,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
We are trying to figure out the same thing. My realtor is doing some research on it for us. From what we gather the proposal of its continuation has been looming for quite some time. No actual move to complelte it though anytime soon. We just placed an offer on a home in that area and now are having some second thoughts. The orginal map we were basing our interest on showed the area we offered at as going to be a few miles from the 540 once it is built but after getting home today and consulting 2 other area maps it looks as though it is much closer that we had anticipated. we are biting out nails now trying to figure it out so that we can withdraw the offer if the 540 will be too close!!! I hope someone has some answers soon!
That was quick for the offer, You just got an offer on your own house right?

Old 08-09-2006, 08:43 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,809,167 times
http://www.answers.com/topic/interst...north-carolina

See if this helps some. It may answer some of your general questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary