Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:58 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times

Advertisements

Now I need to know......does anyone know anything about the "The Park at Langston"? It is right where Cary,Apex & Holly Springs meet. Although schools are slated for Cary. Anyhoo it backs up to a preserve which we were told "might" be John Grishams home/land. Our realtor did not know much about that area. The listing agent has been hard to get in touch with. One thing (pretty much the only thing) is if it will be affected by the future building of the outer 540 loop. Do any of you know anything about this area? Any info would be great. We are waiting to see if our offer has been accepted. But we are trying to figure out in the mean time if it is exactly what we think it is! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,335 times
Hey there,

John Grisham was born in Arkansas and splits his residence between Missippi and Charlottesville, VA. I hope that your buyer's agent will be able to provide you with better information about the future building of the outer 540 loop, and how it may affect your purchase or that a longterm NC resident from that area can.

Best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
Now I need to know......does anyone know anything about the "The Park at Langston"? It is right where Cary,Apex & Holly Springs meet. Although schools are slated for Cary. Anyhoo it backs up to a preserve which we were told "might" be John Grishams home/land. Our realtor did not know much about that area. The listing agent has been hard to get in touch with. One thing (pretty much the only thing) is if it will be affected by the future building of the outer 540 loop. Do any of you know anything about this area? Any info would be great. We are waiting to see if our offer has been accepted. But we are trying to figure out in the mean time if it is exactly what we think it is! Thanks!

Old 08-08-2006, 10:26 PM

Well i wonder where the idea that it was John Grishams property came from? I certainly hope someone has more info on the 540 as well. My realtor is researching it for us now.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:57 AM

693 posts, read 2,761,051 times
It's a really good location IMO. I'm just concerned it will get overcrowded quickly. I see 7-10 new development advertisement signs on each crossroad.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:15 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
What you went there and didnt see my house!!!! The shame!!! I live not to far from there, dont know much about the development though!!! Have your realtor get the map of where 540 goes, she should be able to find out.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
We live just down the street off optimist farm and my husband said as far as he knows it goes in not to far north from us, if you have kids there lucky Middle Creek as well as the middle and high are awesome schools, I hate to leave just for that reason!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:48 PM

Well unforunately our offer was declined. Seems they already were under contract with someone else and the listing agent had us make an offer anyways. Funny but I was having misgivings regarding it's possible proximity to the future 540 anyways so I am not terribly disappointed. We have some other home choices we are contemplating.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:56 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,907,324 times
Quote:
Well unforunately our offer was declined. Seems they already were under contract with someone else and the listing agent had us make an offer anyways. Funny but I was having misgivings regarding it's possible proximity to the future 540 anyways so I am not terribly disappointed. We have some other home choices we are contemplating.

A lot of agent will have you put what is called here a sec, if the first falls through, then your offer is accepted...

Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02
A lot of agent will have you put what is called here a sec, if the first falls through, then your offer is accepted...
I tell my sellers not to accept a backup offer but bottom line it is up to the client. I perfer not to do it. It is not fair to everyone involved.

They should have let you know you were 2nd inline.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
Default Some I540 info...maybe

See if this helps anyone at all

http://www.answers.com/topic/interst...north-carolina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary