Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2006, 09:11 AM

30 posts, read 75,601 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel that is centrally located for real estate searching ie Cary, Wake Forest, Winston Salem, Raleigh etc.....Also, the Crabtree Marriott would that be a good place to stay for travelling around NC? Thanks for any input....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,396,815 times
Well, any hotel in Raleigh would be easy access to look at real estate in Raleigh, Wake Forest and Cary. (Winston-Salem, though is 2 hours to the west so that's sort of an outlier there.)

The Sheraton in downtown Raleigh is nice...good central location with dining and entertainment options nearby for "resting up" between your trips.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM

Thanks Raleigh Rob...I realize that Winston Salem was a bit of a venture...We wouldn't be relocating (if we do) until next summer since you have to reside in your home in Florida for 2 years otherwise you get hit w/capital gains...By then the real estate market in NC will either be a nightmare or somewhat affordable since prior posts have stated in 2007 alot of those ARM's are coming due and w/interest rates at present it will be interesting to see what happens in the world of housing....At present, from what I have researched, the housing up there isn't as inexpensive as I thought it would be, of course, you do get more property for your $$ and the less expensive ones you are on top of each other...Will have to be there bodily to get a true feel of the happenings....

Old 08-09-2006, 11:12 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,555,470 times
I have refered alot of my clients to the Marriott Crabtree when they come here to house hunt. It is a great location, and you can walk across the street to the mall, for shopping or dinner. The Embassy Suites is directly behind the Marriott on Creedmoor Road. My son used to work at the Sheraton downtown....its ok.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 AM

Thanks Debbie, as a matter of fact, my employer puts us up there, so could get a discount of some sort...will give them a jingle....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary