Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:08 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,152 times

Advertisements

U blink and it's over. I'm sure all will be fine. Congrats!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 09:58 AM

381 posts, read 1,325,310 times
Congrats.

I'm also interested in Centex. Can you tell me how many "upgrades" you needed to do and how they were to work with? I'm trying to decide btwn a Centex home and a Shea home.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,218 times
Congrats!! Let us know how it goes!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
Smile Thanks Everyone

Closing went very smooth! I am happy to be a homeowner! LOL

I am back at the apartment in Brier Creek...I will spend my first night there on Saturday, I have furniture deliveries on Saturday...

As far as Centex, they really were a pleasure to deal with...although the house is new...I am sure things will arise, but with any home (new or resale), things come up...I am sure a toilet will have to be adjusted, a cabinet door tightened, etc..so I will keep everyone posted on how the house holds up a few months from now, a few years from now...but doing a walk through a week ago helped, there were 3 minor issues, paint touch ups, a cabinet door in the kitchen, and a missing laundry room shelf...other than that the house was perfect. We did another walk through this morning before closing....everything looked beautiful...

my dilemma now is what window covering to do on a sliding glass door in the kitchen...lol...really don't like vertical blinds...they look too industrial for me...even the fabric ones...I will have to do something quick...the sun beats in there from about 2:00pm till sunset.... does anyone have any advice...what did you do with your sliding patio door?

thanks again...
Brian

Old 06-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Hi Mike,
In this particular community (Pointe at Amber Ridge in Knightdale), you didn't have to do any upgrades at all...I am not sure if Centex operates differently per community, I had looked at their community in Clayton, Magnolia Village, and it was the same...perhaps it's the price point, I am not sure...

I opted to do some upgrades, like hardwood flooring on the lower level (engineered), upgraded the kitchen cabinets/vanities, upgraded the appliances, had them do the garage door opener/outlet, prewire for ceiling fans, upgraded the master bath to a garden tub, I didn't go crazy, but put things in that I would enjoy as well as potential buyers one day if I were to sell...I know the hardwoods will pay off...As soon as you open the front door, its beautiful...foyer, living/dining area, kitchen, half bath all have hardwood floors...its awesome...laundry room I didn't do...

Centex was a pleasure to deal with, the communication was there, from the sales rep, to the field manager, to the workmen, everything went smooth. I gave them all a 10, everything was on schedule and I actually closed a week early...so I was really pleased with that...I hope it remains this way if something should arise that's needs fixing...I have a 2 year warranty on everything and 10 year warranty on the structure...so I am hoping that the communication will remain the same now that I have closed. I am confident that all will be fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeheel View Post
Congrats.

I'm also interested in Centex. Can you tell me how many "upgrades" you needed to do and how they were to work with? I'm trying to decide btwn a Centex home and a Shea home.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 PM

959 posts, read 4,492,274 times
I came across this website yesterday It's that plastic stuff you put over glass for decorative and/or privacy purposes. They have a big selection and various sizes.

Decorative Window Film Stained Glass Decorative Window Film Glass Decorative Window Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
Closing went very smooth! I am happy to be a homeowner! LOL

I am back at the apartment in Brier Creek...I will spend my first night there on Saturday, I have furniture deliveries on Saturday...

As far as Centex, they really were a pleasure to deal with...although the house is new...I am sure things will arise, but with any home (new or resale), things come up...I am sure a toilet will have to be adjusted, a cabinet door tightened, etc..so I will keep everyone posted on how the house holds up a few months from now, a few years from now...but doing a walk through a week ago helped, there were 3 minor issues, paint touch ups, a cabinet door in the kitchen, and a missing laundry room shelf...other than that the house was perfect. We did another walk through this morning before closing....everything looked beautiful...

my dilemma now is what window covering to do on a sliding glass door in the kitchen...lol...really don't like vertical blinds...they look too industrial for me...even the fabric ones...I will have to do something quick...the sun beats in there from about 2:00pm till sunset.... does anyone have any advice...what did you do with your sliding patio door?

thanks again...
Brian

Old 06-21-2007, 07:50 PM

607 posts, read 2,430,328 times
How exciting!!! Get through the move, and then enjoy being "home".

Old 06-22-2007, 04:43 AM

thanks...I will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
I came across this website yesterday It's that plastic stuff you put over glass for decorative and/or privacy purposes. They have a big selection and various sizes.

Decorative Window Film Stained Glass Decorative Window Film Glass Decorative Window Film

Old 06-27-2007, 02:50 PM

229 posts, read 1,053,917 times
Knightdale is such an up and coming area. Centex is also a great builder. I'm sure you made a wise choice.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:26 PM

460 posts, read 2,421,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post

thanks again...
Brian
Get someone to come in and put 3M scotchguard window film on it. I did. It is the best insulator against sun heat and sun damage. And no one knows it is there but you. Get someone professional to do it. We did 2 years ago and I love it. My door is pristine and the heat never comes in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary