U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 PM

124 posts, read 484,666 times

Advertisements

I am just about equally attracted to both (mature landscaping, real fireplaces, traditional, larger lots, etc.) Are there any real differences in these two fine developments? Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Status: "Making the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 24 days ago)

40,774 posts, read 70,637,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd7575 View Post
I am just about equally attracted to both (mature landscaping, real fireplaces, traditional, larger lots, etc.) Are there any real differences in these two fine developments? Thanks in advance.
I gotta tell you; I love them both.
Find the home you like, and you will love the neighborhood.
If anything, MacGregor tends to have a "higher low end" price point.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM

1,539 posts, read 5,361,974 times
Both nice thats right, but personally Lochmere for me. Especially the lots on the lake. A friend of mine has on for sale on that lake now that is a beautiful home and what a backyard and screened in porch.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,596,731 times
I ditto everyone's comments. Lochmere probably has more options as far as smaller houses and larger homes, where mcgregor seems to just have the larger houses.

They are both very nice, I tended to see more people out walking (or running) every day in lochmere. Seemed to be a very active community with lots of people and dogs out and about.

Leigh

Old 06-21-2007, 05:09 PM

997 posts, read 4,482,731 times
Both are very nice neighborhoods as the others have stated. You can't go wrong with either. For me, I like Lochmere personally. Love the lake.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 PM

842 posts, read 3,124,139 times
The homes in MacGregor are older, and you're now seeing homes being bulldozed to make way for bigger newer homes. I don't believe this is happening in Lochmere yet.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:10 PM

55 posts, read 345,733 times
I have been watching some homes in MacGregor...don't mind an older home with the larger lot and mature trees. Can always update.

I have seen Lochmere homes I like also.

I have a question, which is quieter. IN regards, to train, planes, and automobiles on highways. Thanks.

About had it with all those here in Flagstaff, you can't get away from any of it. At least 110 trains a day blowing horns over two intersections is about to drive me nuts.

So much for quiet enjoyment at night.

Appreciate your responses.

Linda

Old 06-21-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaffgal View Post
I have been watching some homes in MacGregor...don't mind an older home with the larger lot and mature trees. Can always update.

I have seen Lochmere homes I like also.

I have a question, which is quieter. IN regards, to train, planes, and automobiles on highways. Thanks.

About had it with all those here in Flagstaff, you can't get away from any of it. At least 110 trains a day blowing horns over two intersections is about to drive me nuts.

So much for quiet enjoyment at night.

Appreciate your responses.

Linda
Linda,

You can get away from P, T & A in either. Or you can get into a noisy area near US 1, or Kildaire Farm Road.
Like I first said, it is difficult to go wrong in either.
Find a home you love, listen for highway noise, and make it happen.
We can get a plane anywhere, but very seldom in either Lochmere or MacGregor.
Trains should not be an issue in either.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 AM

55 posts, read 345,733 times
Default Pools Allowed?

Thanks Mike. Are pools allowed in either MacGregor or Lochmere?

I just love the house at Lochinvar but I plan on downsizing and going down 300 ft isn't quite downsizing. It is a lovely home though.

But man that wallpaper, what are people thinking..lol.

It's nice to here those areas are not bothered by trains or airplanes. I never knew how loud they blew the horns on the dangs things here. Every ten minutes thru the night is horrible.

But I guess the tradeoff is the appreciation this home has gained. $450,000 in 4.5 years is great. Let me do the math 59150 trains blowing their horns at two crossings,,hmm, that would come down to $3 a crossing.

Linda

Old 06-22-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaffgal View Post
Thanks Mike. Are pools allowed in either MacGregor or Lochmere?

I just love the house at Lochinvar but I plan on downsizing and going down 300 ft isn't quite downsizing. It is a lovely home though.

But man that wallpaper, what are people thinking..lol.

It's nice to here those areas are not bothered by trains or airplanes. I never knew how loud they blew the horns on the dangs things here. Every ten minutes thru the night is horrible.

But I guess the tradeoff is the appreciation this home has gained. $450,000 in 4.5 years is great. Let me do the math 59150 trains blowing their horns at two crossings,,hmm, that would come down to $3 a crossing.

Linda
Linda,
People have private pools in both communities.
And there is wallpaper in both, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary