Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:37 PM

89 posts, read 960,562 times

Advertisements

This isn't exactly related... but our previous owners took the house numbers... like they were here when we looked at the house, and gone when we moved in... what are the chances they moved into a place with the same number combination... I found that bizarre...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 12:15 AM

460 posts, read 2,418,246 times
Funny story. A friend bought a house and the owner took all the toilet seats. When they went through the walk through all the toilet seats were missing. So she had her realtor call the owner and say if their are no toilet seats there is no check. The owner said he liked his toilet seats so much he took them. Imagine that. She had to bargain to get the toilet seats.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 11 days ago)

43,126 posts, read 76,705,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
Funny story. A friend bought a house and the owner took all the toilet seats. When they went through the walk through all the toilet seats were missing. So she had her realtor call the owner and say if their are no toilet seats there is no check. The owner said he liked his toilet seats so much he took them. Imagine that. She had to bargain to get the toilet seats.
Great opportunity to just thank the Seller and get your own new ones.
That is my preference anyway.
A little, uh....anal, I know....

Old 06-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 11 days ago)

43,126 posts, read 76,705,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
I am sorry, I didn't explain it well enough I guess. The screens are in the storage shed, my point was, I thought is was really strange, I have never heard of removing the screens.
I will put them in from the shed, but alas, it takes time and energy in this heat.

I have put up bird feeders all over, but nothing....... not one bird. I see them flitting from tree to tree, but as they pass over they laugh hysterically and never come to my feeders, or my bird bath, what is it???? Do I have bad breath??? What??? Are they full from all the other bird lovers????? This is really getting me on edge.... I see beautiful, brilliant Cardinals fly by, but they never stop??? Is it because of my dogs??? Are they afraid of my dogs???

This is very perplexing to me.

Liz
Liz,
It might be the dogs.
Give it time. You will have birds.

And the screens?
Yes, homes photo better without them; look brighter inside; and neater.
I hope your screens fit.
And, when the pollen is flying in the spring, as tempting as it is to open windows, that sure leads to some heavy house cleaning if you let the house fill with yellow pollen.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM

43 posts, read 208,238 times
So, when and where should we meet up? It would be great to meet the people you always see posting.

Maybe we could meet in Cary?? Is that pretty central to everyone?

Alexis

Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,644,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiMiller View Post
So, when and where should we meet up? It would be great to meet the people you always see posting.

Maybe we could meet in Cary?? Is that pretty central to everyone?

Alexis
Cary is not central to everyone.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:04 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,179,172 times
Ah yes, taking things. We found the sellers took the powder room mirror and all the window coverings including at least 7 valances from the kitchen/breakfast area. Would like to think they were able to use them and didn't take them just because. Should have written them into the contract, but I never thought they would take them!

Old 06-24-2007, 04:24 AM

164 posts, read 689,565 times
Have screens in our home when we bought it. But we keep air conditioner on 24-7 during summer because to much to have to shut off and put back on.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:01 AM

123 posts, read 485,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Cary is not central to everyone.
Then your suggestion would be.....

Old 06-24-2007, 07:33 AM

217 posts, read 798,994 times
I am not there yet but with everyone all around Raleigh...is there something downtown that would work? I think it would be better to keep it in the Central (inside beltline) area. If you put it in one of the burbs then some people will have to drive farther. But again I have only visited (we arrive on the 2nd)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary