Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM

18 posts, read 36,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
Just a heads up for those that use Time Warner Cable. Thousands of people (according to the customer service individual I spoke to) are experiencing problems connecting with channels 25 and above. She said "they are diligently working on trying to find and correct the problem).
I hope they don't give us another coupon for a free movie on demand. I'd honestly rather just get a discount on my bill, mainly because I'm sure lots of people buy the movie but then forget to turn in the coupon, so then TWC makes money even when they provide poor service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_NC View Post
I waited 3 hours on live chat to have this conversation (name changed):

TWC>
I understand that you are experiencing an issue with the channels, am I correct?

Jules_NC_>
Yes

Jules_NC_>
Only a few are working on my HD DVR box

Jules_NC_>
It's clear that there's an outage in my area for most channels (spoke with neighbors having the same problem). Can you give me an ETA on when it will be back to normal?

TWC>
I apologize for the inconvenience.

TWC>
I will be glad to assist you.

TWC>
I request you to disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the TV as well as from the wall jack and then reconnect the coaxial cable after 30 seconds and check if the issue persists.

Jules_NC_>
We did. Several times.

TWC>
Okay.

TWC>
We are currently experiencing an outage in your area.Our technicians are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. At this time, there is no known estimated time of repair.I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. We are confident that our engineers will have this issue resolved shortly, but if you are still experiencing this issue in few hours, please contact us again.We’ll be happy to provide an update to you at that time.

Jules_NC_>
For the record I've been trying to reach TWC since 9am

Jules_NC_>
No estimate at this time?

Jules_NC_>
Is this directly related to the channel changes posted on your website (ABC & ESPN negotiations)?

TWC>
Our technicians are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. At this time, there is no known estimated time of repair.

Jules_NC_>
Thank you. However, your answer was not worth waiting 3 hours to read. I am extremely disappointed that you cannot provide any additional information. We are reconsidering our business with TWC.

TWC>
You are welcome.

Jules_NC_>
I am requesting a credit for the outage today.

analyst TWC has been temporarily disconnected. Please wait while the analyst attempts to reconnect

Analyst TWC has entered room

TWC>
Once the issue is resolve get back to us for the credit.

TWC>
Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Jules_NC_>
No. I will be calling tomorrow and canceling my service. Thank you for confirming my decision.
That's hilarious...yet sad.

I'm thankful I dumped their cable service.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:20 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,989,186 times
Anybody still experiencing the missing channels? Some of mine were out yesterday, but came back by last night. But now they're out again, and I'm wondering if it's worth rebooting my tuning adapter to try to get them back or if I should just wait it out.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,362 times
If any of you do consider DirecTV, ask around your friends, neighbors and family to see if anyone else has the service. Their refer a friend program gives you and the other person $10/off each month for 10 months. Not sure if Dish has anything similar. And if you can't find anyone with DirecTV, ahem...I'd uh...be happy to give you my name and account #.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary