Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:57 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,027,963 times

Advertisements

I agree that I'd keep calling the cops. Hopefully they'll get annoyed with having to come out so often and will issue citations to get this guy to see they mean business, which would hopefully get him to keep the music down. I'd also make a pest of myself to management until they say something to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM

378 posts, read 974,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
"u know from where"...uhm no, I dont know.
It was as second right suggested - a hot and fiery locale (not New Jersey) . Figured that the mods wouldn't appreciate seeing that in the tagline

Old 07-21-2010, 03:36 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
I would talk to teh guy first and just say look, you hate to be a pain, but point out how they are ridiculous. If that does not work, do you have outside electrical meters? If so, the next time they do that, buy a cheapie padlock (something that could easily be cut with a bolt cutter, which the power company or a maintenance guy will, but the tenant probably would not and flip the main breaker for them and lock it off. It will take a little while to get someone over to get it turned back on.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 PM

18,081 posts, read 15,664,302 times
If the management of your apt building won't do anything then you have no other recourse but to move out.

Does your lease have any verbiage for not causing disturbances for other tenants? If yes, you can use the lease terms back at the management to show why you have to move out (because they are not enforcing their own rules if they have something in the lease).

You can probably break the lease (or have a lawyer write a letter on your behalf to the apt. mgmt) due to the fact that you are unable to live/sleep/enjoy your apt because of the downstairs noisy neighbor.

And document every time you registered a complaint with the police. You can use this as further ammunition for needing to break the lease and move out.

I'm sorry this has been happening; some people are just pigs and don't think of anyone else but themselves. Hopefully you'll find an even better place to live.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:06 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,058,076 times
Why not wait until the guy goes to sleep (at 5am in the morning), then play the loudest music you can get? Maybe if he loses some sleep he might be more considerate.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 PM

18,081 posts, read 15,664,302 times
>then play the loudest music you can get

Yes, absolutely. Make all your neighbors pay for the rudeness of this guy below you by blasting music. Why shouldn't everyone suffer?

Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 AM

159 posts, read 513,196 times
I'd start by documenting each and every incident. Then you want to talk to your other neighbors and see if others are unhappy. There's more power in numbers.

If you can get a few people together and a specific list of incidents then you can go to the apartment manager (or whoever is in charge) and you will have much more pull. If the apartment manager won't help you go over his head. I'm sure there are ordinances in place for noise, etc. Go back to the police.

This guy isn't going to say, "Gee, maybe I'm a thoughtless jerk." He's going to defend himself and minimize his actions. You don't want it to be your word against his.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:51 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
If the property management is not going to help you with this I would call your district police station for more information-Downtown-996-3855. Don't give up and move away whatever you do. The guy is showing you a total lack of respect. Get other tenants involved like the above poster suggested. Keep calling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary