Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM

175 posts, read 913,832 times

Advertisements

If you've been to the Raleigh Amphitheater, what dining/food options does it have?

(I imagine the prices are through-the-roof, but I'm curious what's offered.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,271,582 times
I went on opening night. My recollection isn't great but I think it was your typical hot dogs / burgers / nachos / soft pretzels.

I didn't look at the food prices, but I bet it is expensive. I did notice the beer prices which were around $8-$9 a pop!

I suggest you eat at one of the nearby restaurants before the show and then walk over to the amphitheater.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:34 PM

375 posts, read 1,143,148 times
Anyone know if they let you out and back in during a show? We're going to the Carnival of Madness concert at the end of this week... and it's a pretty long one. I'd like to be able to go offsite for food during 2 bands I'm not overly interested in, but not sure if this is an option (I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't)

Old 07-22-2010, 04:34 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,507 times
I'm going to ask another question here rather than starting a new thread...what are some good, inexpensive restaurants right around there?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:31 AM

477 posts, read 1,418,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner View Post
If you've been to the Raleigh Amphitheater, what dining/food options does it have?

The one time that I was there, The Pit had a booth to the left of the stage in front of the restroom trailers. I seem to remember that there were 2 other restaurants there also (Sitti and Raleigh Times?). The rest of the booths were your typical hot dogs and pretzels. Each booth sells different food/drink so you need to look around. BTW, the microbrewery draft booth is on the right after you enter the amphitheater!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 AM

520 posts, read 1,016,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner View Post

When we were there a few weeks ago we had pizza & garlic fries (very yummy!) but as you said the prices were crazy expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflora View Post
Anyone know if they let you out and back in during a show? We're going to the Carnival of Madness concert at the end of this week... and it's a pretty long one. I'd like to be able to go offsite for food during 2 bands I'm not overly interested in, but not sure if this is an option (I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't)
I would imagine not, but didn't see it stated on the website (although I looked pretty quick so may have missed it). Check the venue details all down the right side of the web page.
Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek Concert Tickets, Schedule, Seating Chart | Official Live Nation Site.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:32 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,148 times
Good info! It doesn't tell me... but I did find out we can bring a bottle of water. That's nice - since it's going to be insanely hot Sunday!!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM

545 posts, read 1,604,578 times
That link above is for Walnut Creek Amphitheater, not Raleigh Amphitheater. Here;s the link to the Raleigh Amphitheater:

Raleigh Convention Center: Raleigh Amphitheater and Festival Site (http://www.raleighconvention.com/amphitheater/ - broken link)

I doubt they will let you leave and re-enter. I know Walnut Creek does not.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 PM

35 posts, read 87,301 times
Slightly off topic - but can you buy tickets at the gate on the day of the show? If so, do you escape the Ticketmaster charges?

Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 PM

80 posts, read 343,050 times
Note the schedule has been moved up 30min

Production Schedule....Raleigh Amphitheater

Sunday 7/25/10
4:30-5:00PM 10 Years
5:30-6:00PM Sevendust
6:20-7:05PM Puddle of Mudd
7:25-8:15PM Chevelle
8:35-10:30PM Shinedown

Given the heat and length of show, it would be really nice if you could leave and re-enter. But I doubt it. Bring a BIG bottle of water.

First time there cannot help with food question, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary