Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:47 PM

336 posts, read 1,495,563 times

Advertisements

that will pick up the items at my house. i have looked and looked online and in the phone book, and can not find a program that has a pick up service, everythig is drop off. i did find the salvation army that picks up big furniture only. does anyone know of a place that will pick up outside my door, or, that has a drop off donation box that you just pull up to??? i am trying to avoid having to go into a building, as i have two small children, and there is no way i can hold them, and carry in my donations. i live in morrisville but i am willing to drive a bit for the cause. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 06:00 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
I have used freecycle (freecycle.org) quite a bit. They have an online forum and people will come to your house to pick up your stuff. When we last moved we freecycled quite a bit of stuff...................

We had furniture upstairs and in the basement and I simply specified that people who were going to pick up needed to be able to carry it themselves.

Leigh

Old 06-23-2007, 06:39 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2 View Post
that will pick up the items at my house. i have looked and looked online and in the phone book, and can not find a program that has a pick up service, everythig is drop off. i did find the salvation army that picks up big furniture only. does anyone know of a place that will pick up outside my door, or, that has a drop off donation box that you just pull up to??? i am trying to avoid having to go into a building, as i have two small children, and there is no way i can hold them, and carry in my donations. i live in morrisville but i am willing to drive a bit for the cause. thanks.
You might want to try listing items on criagslist.com
I bought a couch amd other household items and it worked out great!

Good luck

Old 06-23-2007, 07:29 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Vietnam Vets will come to your house and pick up your items. They have set days for certain areas. I'm not sure what they will and won't pick up but a phone call should tell you everything you need to know.

Vicki

Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 PM

55 posts, read 353,581 times
Default Goodwill

I am not sure about there but here they have a driveup at Goodwill and they will unload your vehicle.

I know a lot of people that are a bit nervous about strangers coming to their house even if the items are at the curb.

What people offer on the site say a lot about people's lives.

Then again the drivers of non profits could be casing your home as I know they use day labor.

Maybe I am more cautious being a single mother.

Linda

Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM

5 posts, read 20,176 times
good luck my father passed away i needed to have all his stuff out of his apt in a month and no one would help try purple heart they might have a pick up i learned this after i got rid of his furntiure.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:14 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,646 times
I would call Habitat for Humanity in Durham (they have a retail store). Not sure if they pick up but you never know unless you ask.

Also, we use Harbor, Inc., Johnston County's Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Agency
An org that helps victims of domestic violence. If you click on "pizazz" they have a number to call to arrange pick up of furniture.

Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary