Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 AM

121 posts, read 430,096 times

Advertisements

I started going to Access Healthcare in Apex right after we first moved here. We didn't have insurance at the time, and I wanted someplace that offered lower cost healthcare. Now that I have insurance, I still go to Access Healthcare because Stephanie Brinson is amazing! She has the best attitude of any healthcare provider I have ever met. She will listen, she's never rude or in a rush even when the office is busy (yet they don't overbook their appointments, so you are unlikely to sit for hours). It took me two weeks to get my first appointment, but after that, it was a breeze getting in whenever I needed to see her.

(Note: they keep costs down in a number of ways, one of which is they don't file insurance claims. You'll have to file that yourself. Office visits are $49 and other services are cheaper than most places because they have agreements with certain labs for blood work, Xrays, mammograms, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 AM

277 posts, read 797,796 times
I recommend Dawn Evancho at Dr. David Adams practice.
919-233-0410.
She's caring and kind and does prescribe those meds.

Good luck!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM

398 posts, read 1,292,516 times
I recommend Sue Horlick at Cary Fast Med on High House Road and Cornerstone.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 PM

527 posts, read 686,817 times
Okay, I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I have the same question, but I'm looking for a doctor in Raleigh/the downtownish area. I had a doctor at school prescribe me Celexa, which took care of my anxiety, but I'm pretty new to the area, and I need some to manage my anxiety before it gets too big. Thanks

Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
Okay, I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I have the same question, but I'm looking for a doctor in Raleigh/the downtownish area. I had a doctor at school prescribe me Celexa, which took care of my anxiety, but I'm pretty new to the area, and I need some to manage my anxiety before it gets too big. Thanks
If you don't want therapy, most family doctors will prescribe SSRIs.

It's things like tranquilizers that are harder to get from a general practitioner unless you've built up a rapport and/or have medical records to show a history of stable use minus abuse. Because they're controlled substances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary