U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,380 times

Advertisements

My daughter is 22 years old and just accepted an RN position at DUMC. The start date is August 30th. We will be going up there next weekend to look around and make a decision. Since she is just starting out in life we want something that is reasonable in price and a place that is in a safe area. We have been looking at places in the Southpoint and Brier Creek areas. Any recommendations on apartments in these or other areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM

10 posts, read 44,427 times
I lived at The Preserve at Brier Creek about 2 years ago and was pleased. It was a little bit more expensive than what my other friends were paying. I had no issues with maintenance or bugs. The only complaint was some of the buildings were still under construction so there was some noise in the morning.

I'm in the same boat as your daughter. I accepted a new position at work and will be relocating sometime in September. Let me know how it goes as I'll be looking for an apartment too. I would value any reviews or opinions you have. Good Luck!

Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 PM

305 posts, read 731,585 times
I have family that lives at the Lodge at Southpoint, and they have generally been happy with it. Safe, quiet, a few maintenance issues that get addressed reasonably quickly. They would recommend one of the buildings closer to the main office/clubhouse, as opposed to the units that are off the road closer to Fayetteville.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:38 PM

24 posts, read 83,534 times
I lived at the Preserve about 2 yrs ago as well and its' location is the best part about it. The apartments are of good size and the on site staff is great to work with. The construction is now complete. I also hear that the Highlands in BC is a great place to live as well. They are a little newer and are running great specials.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:02 PM

60 posts, read 155,392 times
Try this site....Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.. BTW, I lived in Windsor at Tryon Village in Cary and loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary