Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 10:45 AM

88 posts, read 189,722 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have internet through Dish Network? If you do, how does it compare to TWC? I'm ready to get out of TWC!

How about EarthLink? I know it's basically TWC internet but in a different package; how much are you paying? Any problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 01:44 PM

46 posts, read 84,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv333 View Post
Does anyone have internet through Dish Network? If you do, how does it compare to TWC? I'm ready to get out of TWC!

How about EarthLink? I know it's basically TWC internet but in a different package; how much are you paying? Any problems?
I use Earthlink. Earthlink is just one another ISP of TWC. It will use the same infrastructure and you will still receive the bill from TWC. However Earthlink is cheaper then roadrunner(TWC default ISP). I pay $41(with taxes) for 10mbps. Moreover earthlink never increases the price unlike roadrunner. I am at this price since 3 years now. For customer service you would have to contact TWC as its their hardware.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM
WDJ

286 posts, read 789,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvin2k View Post
I use Earthlink. Earthlink is just one another ISP of TWC. It will use the same infrastructure and you will still receive the bill from TWC. However Earthlink is cheaper then roadrunner(TWC default ISP). I pay $41(with taxes) for 10mbps. Moreover earthlink never increases the price unlike roadrunner. I am at this price since 3 years now. For customer service you would have to contact TWC as its their hardware.
I have been using Earthlink from the time I've moved here as well (5 years). No stupid modem fee with them either.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 AM

286 posts, read 685,788 times
We get DirecTV this afternoon and will switch from TWC from internet to UVerse unless TWC really gives a great deal when we call to cancel. We got sick to death of TWC and their constant price war with us. They can't seem to get our bill right, have to keep issuing credits to us and then bill us incorrectly again. Plus, the price hikes we keep getting letters about just pushed us over the edge. Good luck with your decisions.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:41 AM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
I have Directv and switched to EarthLink 8-9 months ago from AT&T dsl. Price is about the same as mentioned earlier. Service has been fine. One issue is that time Warner will not let you get ESPN3 or watch ESPN access unless you have tv and Internet and this applies to EarthLink also. If you care about such things and have Uverse, AT&T does not block the same way, at least now.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,414 times
Thanks to a lot of helpful posts, I have cancelled my overpriced Uverse and signed up for EarthLink Internet. Found this post on another site and thought it would be helpful. Uverse was great as a whole package but I have high Internet/tv expectations. I liked directv but not the hardware or price increases. Switched to Uverse recently but my needs in raleigh are now only Internet and made the switch. Nothing is installed yet, we'll see how this goes, but I took the deal below and am happy with the offer.

15 Mbps Earthlink Internet; $30 / month for 6 months, $42 / month afterwards
I was looking for cheaper internet then TWC and I came across Earthlink [earthlink.net]. Seems to be a pretty good deal and I didn't see any posts here... so here it is. What do you all think? Got something better worth checking out?

Here are some additional details that I found:
- Earthlink just repackages high speed internet across the US.
- Although it isn't the fastest, it is fast enough to stream a HD Netflix: [url]https://support.netflix.com/en/node/306[/url]
- Earthlink doesn't charge a modem rental fee: [url]http://stopthecap.com/2012/11/05/...ental-fee/[/url]

I think the deals are different per address. The one I am looking at is:
Cable Up to 7.0Mbps $29.95/mo.
(First 6 Months*; $41.95/mo. thereafter)

EDIT
Found 15 Mbps Earthlink service at [url=http://www.digitallanding.com/deals/]Deals » Digital Landing[/url] for $30.

See more NetFlix Deals and Coupons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary