Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times

Advertisements

I agree, the projection there is quite good and the sound usually is too, but the rest of the theater and most every Carmike I have seen is so far behind the times. I kind of doubt they would convert it to Dollar status, but who knows. Maybe it will drive them to actually spruce things up a little. Though, the chains are not exactly sitting on huge piles of cash now.

Really that whole shopping center is on the edge I would guess. There is a Food Lion and a Dollar store there already, so its not like they are pushing high end retail. So, the new center may pull in higher end tenants and maybe the "rising tide lifts all boats" and it improves or I could just as easily see it becoming exclusively lower end if some stores move to Park West in the next year or so and the theater eventually does go discount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 AM

57 posts, read 192,087 times
ugh, TJ Maxx, Dress Barn, rack Room Shoes... Is this going to be a low-end shopping center? I was hoping for more of a North Hills-type place: pedestrain friendly, mid-to-high end shopping, nice restaurants with outdoor seating.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamisano View Post
ugh, TJ Maxx, Dress Barn, rack Room Shoes... Is this going to be a low-end shopping center? I was hoping for more of a North Hills-type place: pedestrain friendly, mid-to-high end shopping, nice restaurants with outdoor seating.
It sounds like a very typical suburban shopping mall (maybe with a pretty face). I don't know why you thought it'd be upscale - the following list of tenants was released a year ago:

Quote:
Developers Casto Properties and 1st Carolina Properties have also released a long list of tenants that will join Target, including: Buy Buy Baby, T J Maxx, The Dress Barn, Rack Room Shoes, Mattress Firm, Sprint, Omaha Steaks, New Japan Express, Qdoba Mexican Grill, Zoe’s Kitchen, Platinum Nail Spa, Fantastic Sam’s, Massage Envy, Kilwin’s Chocolates and Ice Cream, GameStop, Ruckus Pizza, Pasta and Spirits and Deluxe Cleaners.

Read more: http://projects.newsobserver.com/tak...#ixzz1SU0JZbvJ
I guess I'm "low end" because I'm looking forward to it opening - no more driving to crazy Crossroads on a Saturday afternoon!

Last edited by adlnc07; 07-18-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 07-18-2011, 01:17 PM

Well it was originally going to be higher end. However, they had to cut back the total size due to whining from NIMBYs which meant less total density and less variety. Then with the economy tanking they had to cut back further and accept some mid tier tenants.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:44 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Well it was originally going to be higher end. However, they had to cut back the total size due to whining from NIMBYs which meant less total density and less variety. Then with the economy tanking they had to cut back further and accept some mid tier tenants.
Ah, I stand corrected then!

Thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Had my hair done today and learned that Jay Andrews, an Aveda salon is opening a second location at Park West Village. Depending on your point of view, this could be considered a high-end tenant...or not.

I have been very happy with the Apex location, but I certainly would be tempted to go somewhere closer.

jay andrews salon & spa - an Aveda Lifestyle Salon in Apex, NC, 27502 - Salon and spa treatments in an upscale, tranquil salon environment.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
nimby nimby wahhhh! that phrase has got to go, ridiculous assumption.

Anyway, its interesting they are talking about a Kilwin's there when there is one a mile away on Davis/High House.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,610 times
Anybody know if they are building an Urban Active there? I heard a rumor they were.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post
Had my hair done today and learned that Jay Andrews, an Aveda salon is opening a second location at Park West Village. Depending on your point of view, this could be considered a high-end tenant...or not.

I have been very happy with the Apex location, but I certainly would be tempted to go somewhere closer.

jay andrews salon & spa - an Aveda Lifestyle Salon in Apex, NC, 27502 - Salon and spa treatments in an upscale, tranquil salon environment.

I JUST READ THIS!!! I"m so excited!!! Then again, my stylist there lives in Apex and I don't know that she'd come out to Morrisville (and I won't go to anyone else).

Old 09-15-2011, 06:41 AM

Getting close to Target opening. Can't beleive it after all this time. It will be nice to be able to avoid Beaver and Brier Creek more.

I'm also happy to see that they are continuing to start new buildings out there, in addition to what will open this fall. Hopefully, the momentum will continue and we will get the nicer mixed use stuff in a timely manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary