Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,147,930 times

Advertisements

We like EPM and have used them for about 6 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 PM

165 posts, read 435,146 times
Would you EPM and Weed Man people mind sharing how much you pay them per month? What size lot do you have? And what type of grass is being treated? I have Bermuda. Thank you!!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 PM

151 posts, read 405,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relo-NC View Post
Would you EPM and Weed Man people mind sharing how much you pay them per month? What size lot do you have? And what type of grass is being treated? I have Bermuda. Thank you!!
FYI, I'd stay away from EPM. Had a 5x/year plan, and they ended up coming in January, a day before a 5" snowstorm. I complained that my 5 treatments should be in spring/summer/fall, and they ended up doing it again in February. Who fertilizes lawn in the dead of winter?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 PM

148 posts, read 677,733 times
The February fertilization is a very important, that is the one where you would put down a pre-emergent weed killer - killing weed seeds before they germinate. But the key is to put it down before it germinates - which has to be done before things start growing...which is usually the dead of winter(although January is too early,mid-Feb is best)

Old 08-27-2010, 10:19 PM

EPM will always come back out and do treatments for free if you're not happy. They are very easy to deal with. I currently pay $39.00 per application for a .35 acre lot, but I think they have raised the price to $45.00. They come about 9 times per year. And as always, if you aren't happy, you call them up and they will send someone out again at no charge.
The winter/Feb spray is actually very critical-this is actually when they spray the pre-emergents. The dead of SUMMER is actually when they should be doing the least!

Old 08-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Ok, I'm following you. However if they come out 9 times per year and the heat of summer is when they should be doing the least, when are those 9 visits scheduled? You also mentioned the cost, which is reasonable. But does that cost include fertilizer & weed control (pre-emergent & winterizing treatment)? And lastly, (I know I have alot of questions but I need answers from someone in the know), do they call you the day before and leave a message that they are coming out to you the next day and if you do not call them by the end of the business day to tell them not to come, you stuck with a treatment and a bill the following day? This is how Scott's operates and I had to let them go because of it. Maybe all lawn companies operate this way down here????

Old 08-28-2010, 12:06 PM

They sent me a schedule and they do come out maybe once or twice in the summer, but most of it is the other 9 months of the year (I can't remember the actual schedule). I just know the majority of treatments are in the spring and fall, with maybe one in Feb and one at the beginning of the summer and one at the end.
That price includes fertilization and weed control, depending on what is needed when (you can ask them specifics about what they put down and they have it coded on the little slip they leave on your door each time they spray.)
In our case, they do call every time they come because we have locked gates, but I think we requested that? I can't remember anymore, we've used them for so long. If you have dogs etc, you ask them to put you on a call list and they call you a couple of days ahead of time and will leave you a message about which day they are coming. They come anyway, even if you don't call them back, they're just calling you to tell you that they are coming. You don't have to be home or anything when they come. I also received a schedule in the mail from them that I kept on the fridge, but occasionally it has to get rescheduled because of weather issues.
All of the technicians we have dealt with have been very polite, knowledgeable and helpful.
Hope that answers some of your questions.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:07 PM

I just checked online ratings for EPM. They have got some unhappy customers. Not that I am ready to totally rule them out. But I'd like more information about Weed Man, i.e.- what they charge for their services, how often they come out, and if you can cancel a scheduled treatment without a hassle. Are they professsional and friendly and easy to reach?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:08 PM

19 posts, read 44,392 times
I used TruGreen for a year and saw no improvement in my lawn and their customer service was horrible. Then I tried Scott's and they charge twice as much but still no improvement plus the "aggressive marketing" is irritating. I have called other services and left messages but no one ever returns my phone calls ( this seems to be fairly common here, few companies of any kind seem to want more business ). I used Lawn Doctor a long time ago and they were good, but that was not here. Should I try to switch to Lawn Doctor ( if they respond to my call ) ??

Old 09-06-2010, 07:24 PM

330 posts, read 986,616 times
I spoke with the guy at Weed Man (in Holly Springs) and he responded within a few hours of my call. They were out the next day and then he spent a long time with me answering my questions.

Their typical package is 6 yearly treatments at $45/each. They will come out between treatments if you have some problem weeds for no extra charge.

I interviewed 3 others and I felt the most comfortable with this company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary