Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueAndRed View Post
Just bumping this thread to see if there's any new/updated recommendations or thoughts that folks would like to share.

We got a quote from weed-man that looked decent cost wise about $55/per-treatment and 7 treatments per year (1/3rd acre). But their reviews online were a little mixed (maybe in part due to the multiple franchises), most folks complaining about unfriendly/unresponsive service. Anyone have good/bad experiences with weed-man or any other companies recently?

Had a rough time with weeds last year (crabgrass, dandelions and wild-strawberry primarily) and want to try to get things under control for a year before going back to doing it myself
We use Leapfrog. I forget the total per treatment but our service runs 300 a year and I think all but 50 of that is for the 7 treatments we get (organic, safe for kids/pets).

Old 02-16-2016, 02:25 PM

56 posts, read 55,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We use Leapfrog. I forget the total per treatment but our service runs 300 a year and I think all but 50 of that is for the 7 treatments we get (organic, safe for kids/pets).
Thanks thats a great recommendation since we have been looking for organic/safer choices and so far found just one other place (pleasant green grass it was called I think). How has your experience been with Leapfrog, do they also do spot treatments on an as-needed basis that the others seem to be happy to do?
Have the results compared favorably with previous/non-organic companies or should I have lower expectations in terms of weed control if going the organic route?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 02:45 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
After a lot of experience with these companies, they are mostly all the same. We had Weedman for a while, and they charged us $52 for a 0.25 acre lot. (well, I'm not sure how much it is with the house on it).

Just switched to a local company, Davenport Landscaping, who is doing the same stuff for $41 per treatment. They seem to have good customer service as well, and many people in the neighborhood have switched over.

Davenport Landscaping - Professional Landscaping for Commercial and Residential Properties

Old 02-16-2016, 05:10 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueAndRed View Post
Thanks thats a great recommendation since we have been looking for organic/safer choices and so far found just one other place (pleasant green grass it was called I think). How has your experience been with Leapfrog, do they also do spot treatments on an as-needed basis that the others seem to be happy to do?
Have the results compared favorably with previous/non-organic companies or should I have lower expectations in terms of weed control if going the organic route?
They are very easy to work with and quite responsive. We've had them for about 3 years now. We really don't have any weeds to speak of.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:35 PM

142 posts, read 223,655 times
Now that I know I should be putting down a pre emergent right about now, does anyone have a recommendation for a good store-bought brand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary