Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 AM

835 posts, read 2,873,567 times

Advertisements

I'm just looking for a good ole fashion American or southern style breakfast in Wake Forest...nothing here of that nature unless you want lousy expensive stuff served at the one and only breakfast place in town or cafeteria style food eating with a bunch of old fogies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM

532 posts, read 2,841,881 times
The OP asked about a good location for a "cafe", here's a definition from About.com: Restauranting...

Café
A café is a restaurant that does not offer table service. Customers order their food from a counter and serve themselves. A café menu traditionally offers things such as coffee, espresso, pastries and sandwiches. Cafes originated in Europe and are strongly associated with France. They are known for their casual, unhurried atmosphere. Outdoor seating is another trademark of a café. Panera Bread is an example of a popular bakery-café chain. The term bistro is sometimes interchanged with café. A bistro is actually a café that offers full meals (albeit, cheaper than a full fledged sit down restaurant).

The French cafe's I've been to fit this bill; part coffee shop, bakery, snack, and lunch place. Coffee, espresso, pastries, croissants, brioche, croque Messrs and Madams, simple and fresh sandwiches on really good French bread, salad Nicoise, cheese and fruit, soup du jour, quiche, YUMMY.

Here's a link to Pascal's menu (they also serve dinner). A place in my old stomping grounds in CA before we came out to Raleigh. Pascal Restaurant Menu for Lunch and Dinner Another simple French cafe chain out there is Champagne French Bakery Cafe. Both have very traditional French cafe offerings. Nothing fancy. La Provence French Cafe in Miami is an excellent example - menuwise - of French cafe fare. La Provence French Bakery & Café (http://www.laprovencemiami.com/menu1.html - broken link)

I still think Lafayette Village and the N. Raleigh area could benefit and support a place like this. DH and I have traveled throughout France and love all the local food be it the fanciest Parisian to the simple unadulterated flavors of the south.

Last edited by cstleddy; 08-24-2010 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: added La Provence

Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,840,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBoyMommy View Post
Oh please come to Wake Forest!!!!! There are spaces available in Heritage.
Oui- c'est ca exacte! ! There are plenty of places in Wake Forest for a cafe like Coquille in North Hills.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,241,591 times
OP, please post here when you decide!

Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,974,556 times
Oh lawrd, wherever you end up, please let us know! I will DEFINATELY be there!!!

I visited Paris a few years ago..its true, you can't get a bad meal there! I will be quite excited when this place opens up!

Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM

487 posts, read 889,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
I visited Paris a few years ago..its true, you can't get a bad meal there!
<hollow laugh>

Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,069,777 times
Cameron Village.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:20 PM

128 posts, read 282,376 times
obviously none of the suggestions impressed - seeing as the OP hasn't responded to any replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA LUNE N'EST PAS LOIN. View Post
Hi Everybody,
I would like to open French cafe shop around Raleight. Please Who can give me advise Where is the best place?
Thank you.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:27 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,069,777 times
Gee. Sad no feedback. And I even posted my response with a French accent after all the French responses deleted. "Cameron Village" was really "Cah-mah-rohn Vee-logge."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary