Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:28 PM

4 posts, read 21,813 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!!!

I live in Boston, MA, but I'll move to Durham, NC in the last week of September with my husband and my newborn.

I want you to help me to suggest any safe neighbourhood very close to this address: 627 Davis Drive, Durham, NC. This is my husband's workplace address and I try to find any townhome or apartment for rent very close to that address.

Moreover, if you have any ideas or advice which can help me to choose the best please let me know.

I am eager to read any comment and any suggestion regarding the palce its surrounding and many more.

I'll wait for your replies.
Regards, Armo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 01:36 PM

3,379 posts, read 7,733,426 times
I just drove by there a few minutes ago.

I'd probably look in Morrisville or Cary off of Davis. There are several apartment complexes. There is one that is roughly at the corner of Davis and McCrimmon (exits to both). There are also several on Morrisville Parkway near Davis. And there is one on Morrisville Carpenter at Carpenter Village.

There is also some huge really nice new complex going up on 55 at Kit Creek.

And there are some stuff going up at Davis and Hopson right next to where you are talking about. Some townhomes are already open (and look nice) on one side of the road.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:49 PM

556 posts, read 947,189 times
Try Bexley in the Park (down Davis Drive in Morrisville) and there are several apartment complexes on 55

Old 07-31-2007, 04:54 PM

Dear JackieRTP

Thank you very much for the reply. The thing that confuses me is whether the 627 Davis drive is in Durham or in Morrisville. Officially it is written Durham and the zip code is 27713, but the mapquest is not able to map it, it maps it as if being in Morrissville, zip code 27560. Thus it is hard to figure out by sitting in front of the laptop in Boston.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Now I use your tips to locate this area. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:57 PM

Dear Dire Wolf

Thank you very much for very detailed explanation. It is very useful and helpful. Now I shall try by your instructions to see what I can find.

All the best to you.
Have a great day.
Regards, Armo.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,033,484 times
Armo, the address problem probably has something to do with the strange post office districts around here. For instance, my husband's office is in Durham, but the mailing address says Chapel Hill. I think one of the individuals who posts on this board lives in southern Raleigh, but her address says Garner. It's a quirk that comes up often in this area ... and a very confusing one, at that!

Old 07-31-2007, 05:35 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,486,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo View Post
Hi everyone!!!

I live in Boston, MA, but I'll move to Durham, NC in the last week of September with my husband and my newborn.

I want you to help me to suggest any safe neighbourhood very close to this address: 627 Davis Drive, Durham, NC. This is my husband's workplace address and I try to find any townhome or apartment for rent very close to that address.

Moreover, if you have any ideas or advice which can help me to choose the best please let me know.

I am eager to read any comment and any suggestion regarding the palce its surrounding and many more.

I'll wait for your replies.
Regards, Armo.
Sounds like Fidelity. I'd check out areas in morrisville, you can find a nice and cheap apartment there.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:04 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,695,868 times
Others mentioned Morrisville and west Cary, so I'll throw out something different just to add to the options. There are a few residential complexes in the fringes of RTP to the north of where you're looking. These are along S. Alston ave between Alexander and 54. I don't know much about them other than they are out there, but it might be worth checking out.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,912,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Others mentioned Morrisville and west Cary, so I'll throw out something different just to add to the options. There are a few residential complexes in the fringes of RTP to the north of where you're looking. These are along S. Alston ave between Alexander and 54. I don't know much about them other than they are out there, but it might be worth checking out.
One of those in Wyndmoor by Beazer homes.....pretty nice homes and you can get a 3100 with good upgrades for around 260k. Problem is in this area that EVERYTHING seems to be an upgrade (even the cabinet above the fridge??!!). The people working there are very helpful as well (no I do not work there).

Old 08-01-2007, 01:18 PM

3,379 posts, read 7,733,426 times
The OP was looking for a place to rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary