Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:07 AM

27 posts, read 140,130 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used a drop-in daycare in the area while they went to look at houses? I have 4 boys and trampling through houses for 2 days with them is not something that excites me. Does anyone have any suggestions for places you would use for drop-in servces a few hours each day? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,128 times
Oh yes, I have ALOT of experience with the drop in daycare, lol. I absolutely love it!!! Very secure, all the staff is well trained to handle any situation.

Where are you looking at? I know of a couple of places...

In Clayton, there's Screaming Mimi's:
Screamin' Mimi's Kid's Place - 2007

In Cary, KidTime:
KidTime - When You Need Time, Leave The Kids With Us

In Morrisville, RightTimeKids:
Right Time Kids - When You Need Time, Leave The Kids With Us

In Holly Springs, Time Out for Kids:
TIME OUT for Kids, Inc.

Hope that helps!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:26 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,238,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Oh yes, I have ALOT of experience with the drop in daycare, lol. I absolutely love it!!! Very secure, all the staff is well trained to handle any situation.

Where are you looking at? I know of a couple of places...

In Clayton, there's Screaming Mimi's:
Screamin' Mimi's Kid's Place - 2007

In Cary, KidTime:
KidTime - When You Need Time, Leave The Kids With Us

In Morrisville, RightTimeKids:
Right Time Kids - When You Need Time, Leave The Kids With Us

In Holly Springs, Time Out for Kids:
TIME OUT for Kids, Inc.

Hope that helps!
Ferrickhead...thats great info.! I'm going to keep that for when I have clients with kids that want such a service! Typicall, during the summer, I'll ask one of the agents with teenagers to babysit. They'll usually do it at the clients' hotel but I do think this would be better.

And for those of you that are looking for a business...I've always said to have a "drop in" place in the middle of the mall would be great!!!

Vicki

Old 06-28-2007, 09:26 AM

997 posts, read 4,644,137 times
I use Right Time Kids for my four year old. Love them. I even recommend them to my clients too.

I have used Right Time Kids in Morrisville, Cary, Durant Road, and had used the one in Sawmill before they closed. I have been happy with them all. No complaints. Never even had a problem with them being full and not being able to drop my child off. They will also provide lunch and dinner if you request it. It is no more than $5 and they will provide something from a local restaurant.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 AM

275 posts, read 1,114,676 times
Right Time Rocks! My kids love it and we used if often when we first moved here...and still do for date nights. We usually buy a block of hours around once a yr and use it here & there.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,598,158 times
My son is in RightTimeKids now (Morrisville) while my wife goes to the "Bodies" exhibit. We also used them this past weekend when we were cleaning our old apartment prior to turning the keys in. They feed them food from "Andy's" which is a burger place next door.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Ferrickhead...thats great info.! I'm going to keep that for when I have clients with kids that want such a service! Typicall, during the summer, I'll ask one of the agents with teenagers to babysit. They'll usually do it at the clients' hotel but I do think this would be better.

And for those of you that are looking for a business...I've always said to have a "drop in" place in the middle of the mall would be great!!!

Vicki
Its cheaper too then some of the growing rates with teenagers. All the staff is CPR trained and the kids have absolutely no way of getting outside. The one in Clayton locks behind with only staff that have keys.

Make sure the kids wear socks! They will have their shoes off while playing. They also have alot of "date nights" for Friday & Saturday nights where the kids dance, sing, eat pizza, watch movies and play games.

Wish they had something like that for the adults...*grumble*
Didnt have anything cool like that when I was a kid! Not fair!

Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 AM

285 posts, read 1,039,792 times
Wow- this is great! Does anyone know of such a place over in Durham or Chapel Hill?

Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,421 times
there is also a place in Wake Forest called "A Moments Notice". I havent tried it but its there on 1A and looks nice.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:00 PM

27 posts, read 140,130 times
FABULOUS!!! Thank you so much for the ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary