Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 AM

564 posts, read 873,209 times

Advertisements

We have a custom home and want to finish the third floor attic space for a home theater. I can handle the electronics myself. I am just looking for a good builder for the construction. Any recommendations for North Raleigh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,921,554 times
There is nobody better to deal with than Joseph Grantham. He'll let you handle any part of the job you want to do yourself...his normal trade is building entire houses but since the economy sucks, he's been doing lots of "side projects" like these. Hands down the best contractor I have ever interviewed or done business with. We have spent more than the price of buying another rental home or two with him in the past year doing our basement, porch, and new garage. Here are some photos of the projects....his subcontractors have been with him for many years, his quality and attention to detail are unbelievable, and he stands behind his work and really cares about putting his name on a project. After he finished our basement and porch, I liked him so much I came up with the garage project to hire him back for. I've since recommended him to friends that are even pickier than me (if such a thing exists) and they have been thrilled.

Keep in mind the screened porch you see started as a simple 8' depth wooden deck and now is 12' in depth and tiled, with a beautiful pine ceiling.

There was nothing in the space before the building went in, now look what's there!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,147,602 times
Try Tim at 919-395-0887. I forget his last name. Use to work with him under his old boss. He's a good craftsman & very honest.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 AM

447 posts, read 1,619,706 times
I see West Pine Builders doing a lot of renovations and additions in the North Hills area: Westpine Builders | Residential & Commercial General Contractor - Raleigh & Cary, NC

Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 AM

217 posts, read 445,766 times
Don does an awesome job.

Don Booker
D.F Booker Building and Renovation LLC
dfb3@bellsouth.net
(919) 422-0546
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary