Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,382 times

Advertisements

yep, different strokes

If they were outside of my work, I would probably buy a burger. I wouldn't go out of my way to get one though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 02:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Here is an article from the Duke Chronicle about the pending outcome. They mention that if Only Burger does win, in the end it could be a financial loss.

OnlyBurger enters national spotlight | The Chronicle

Old 09-15-2010, 05:49 PM

455 posts, read 918,947 times
Went today and was talking to them about the contest. He said they didn't have a good feeling about it, but I guess we'll find out on Sunday. He also mentioned that as the site said, even if they win, that doesn't mean they'll be on the show. The only thing definite would be they win 10 grand. The winner gets 10 grand and a chance to be on the show.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm not following you. You aren't going to find a double cheesburger, fries, and a drink in a restaurant for under $10. Shoot most decent restaurants charge $8-$9 for a single burger with fries plus $2 for a drink and then you have to add in the tip for the waiter.

Ground beef + flame = Hamburger

Maybe it tastes better to you when it is served by a waiter and comes out of a "real" kitchen, but the difference is only in your head. I'm more concerned about the quality of the burger and the value than the "frou-frou" stuff.
NR you really have to go to Jumpin Johnnies. That will change your mind totally. About the same price actually but a MUCH better burger. To be honest I think it is the best burger (saying this I know I haven't had every burger around). Plus you can add millions of toppings for no extra charge.

The best thing at Only Burger is the fries, but honestly Jumpin Johnnies even has them equal on that, if not better.

My wife and I went to Only Burger yesterday and ate. Both of us had single cheese burgers (mine with bacon), fries, and a can soda. The price was $19.

The thing that attracts me to them? Thats the green tomatoe burger but they haven't had that in a while.

Really people are just hyped up on them b/c they are the new thing and people want to believe their burger is the best. Don't get me wrong, its good, but the best, I don't know about that? They get away with the prices they charge b/c they can and people will pay for it b/c all they hear is that they have the best burger.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 AM

72 posts, read 288,073 times
Hmm, not sure why you paid $19 for your order.

Single combo is $6.25 and includes burger, fries, and drink. Doesn't sound like gouging to me.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,454 times
After eating a cheesesteak and Jumpin Johnnies, and leaving with lackluster food, I don't think I would want to try their burgers.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherBlue View Post
Hmm, not sure why you paid $19 for your order.

Single combo is $6.25 and includes burger, fries, and drink. Doesn't sound like gouging to me.
Maybe it was the cheese and the bacon. Wife had the turkey burger so that could be more? I don't know, but I do know I paid $18.xx. Maybe I will get it itemized next time.

TK, I feel you on the steak sandwhiches. I don't eat those anymore. Nothing special. Do try a burger once though, add everything you like. Heck, I'll even take you there one day you have nothing to do.

In reality and back to the point of this thread. I am just happy for a food truck from Durham to reach that level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary