Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 02:55 PM

15 posts, read 28,323 times

Advertisements

We have 2 year old who is frequently having ear infections. He is given antibiotics all the time and he is having too much of antibiotics and we are really concerned about. Does Ear Tubes help?. Does Ear tubes has any side affects?. If ear tubes does help, then who is the best ENT in cary, Raliegh Durham area who does tubes for kids. Could you please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 04:04 PM

477 posts, read 1,418,878 times
One of our children had tubes and adnoids removed after 14 months of chronic ear infections and countless rounds of antibiotics. It was very successful - the ear infections and sinus problems cleared up immediately and she did not need to have another operation when the tubes fell out after about 6 months. The surgeon said that the adnoid removal was key in her case. She was 3, almost 4 years old at the time of the surgery. The surgeon was Dr. Price. I highly recommend him!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:51 PM

234 posts, read 822,660 times
I second the recommendation for Dr. Price at Capital Ear, Nose & Throat. He did my surgery and he was great!!

John

Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 PM

239 posts, read 1,092,316 times
Amelia Drake at Unc did both of our children. The tubes were miracle workers. No ear infections ever again. Also, there are numbing drops that can be put in ears if your child gets an ear infection before they get tubes. These were a god send when we discovered them. It would get us through nights and until the antibiotics would kick in!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,157 times
Dr. Price has taken care of every child I know that has needed tubes, including my 2. He's wonderful. My oldest had tubes places and his tonsils and adenoids removed when he was 3. He was speech delayed due to the constant infections and not being able to hear properly. That surgery helped instantly. He was talking and hearing better the next day. Dr. Price is the best.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 PM

7 posts, read 13,403 times
When my son was around your childs age, he was constantly on antibiotics for his ear infections. He even had lost some hearing in one of his ears. We never had another problem once his tubes were put in and his hearing went back to normal. I'm so GLAD we had the tubes put in my only regret was I didn't push for them sooner.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 PM

502 posts, read 1,654,654 times
My son got ear tubes about two months ago and we couldn't be happier. His hearing was being impacted and we noticed an improvement immediately. His balance even improved (not sure if that was due to the tubes or a developmental thing as he'd started walking days before his last ear infection). He saw Dr. Dorfman at Wake Med Faculty Physicians ENT. He did our son's surgery at Wake Med North and I believe he goes to the main campus on New Bern Ave and possibly Western Wake too. We were very pleased with the promptness of their scheduling. We called them on Monday, they had him in for his assessment on Tuesday, and his surgery was the following Thursday. We've gone from having double ear infections every three weeks or so to none since his surgery.

And I agree with Sunnie - get your hands on some of those numbing drops if you can!

Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,554 times
My daughter's tubes were put in by Dr. Garside in Cary. We really like him a lot. He has a good "bedside" manner and when we have gone to see him we really feel like he is listening to us and not rushing to get to the next patient. We also got a second opinion from him on another issue my daughter was having with a lump in her neck. It was definitely worth it because the pediatric ENT that we had consulted with at UNC had apparently not read the radiology report and just went with his own interpretation, as best we can tell! Dr. Garside eventually removed that lump in a separate surgery.

The ear tube surgery was really easy. We did it at the Rex Outpatient surgery center at the corner of Pine and Cary Pkwy. My wife timed it and it was 10 minutes from the time they took her away until the doctor came to tell us she was finished. The tubes were definitely worth it and I think she had one ear infection after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary