Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 01:04 PM

85 posts, read 322,798 times

Advertisements

Hi all, we've finally found the development and builder for us. We're looking to sign with Legacy Custom Homes on Friday to begin the process of building our home.

Just looking for any input or personal experiences with this builder.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 01:46 PM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyrider View Post
Hi all, we've finally found the development and builder for us. We're looking to sign with Legacy Custom Homes on Friday to begin the process of building our home.

Just looking for any input or personal experiences with this builder.

Thanks in advance.
Bunnyrider,

My parents built with Legacy in Southoint Manor. They moved in about 3 months ago. They certainly have some opinions regarding Legacy - PM me if you'd like their contact info - I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss their experience with you.

Legacy also builds in our neighborhood, Weycroft. Which development have you chosen?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 PM

37 posts, read 215,480 times
With the economy, some communities are allowing lots to be sold directly to owners and owners choose their own builders. You may want to consider this option, generate you own set of design plans, and bid it out to some reputable builders. I realize that the problem here may be the location where you want to be however.

Just a quick thought.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,828,196 times
Given that the OP started this thread more than two years ago, I'm pretty sure their house has already been constructed.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,928 times
We purchased our home from Legacy Custom Homes in Weycroft and found their warranty experience to also be horrible. My neighors who used Homescape and Ange Construction have had multiple construction related issues. Many of these group builders all use the same subs... So it really comes down to the Project Manager/Supr and the experience you want. Legacy seemed to let us down repeatedly - nearing the closing and post sale warranty. We expected more from a custom home builder.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 AM

12 posts, read 36,447 times
We signed with Legacy to build our home in Weycroft two weeks ago. So far the experience has been great. We chose Legacy for efficiency of their plan and interior style. The owner of the same plan in Weycroft loved their house.

Really impressed by agility of Legacy’s design team. While the sales manager gathering our requirements, the designer were literally incorporating our changes real time so at the end of the meeting we have our customized plan. During the next week after signing, my wife was able to change the elevation of the house completely (adding windows, replace stoop with porch…). The sales manager is honest, responsive and accommodating, a joy to work with.

Will continue reporting as building process goes, but so far I have only compliments for them.

Last edited by mengg; 02-26-2010 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 AM

62 posts, read 204,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengg View Post
We signed with Legacy to build our home in Weycroft two weeks ago. So far the experience has been great. We chose Legacy for efficiency of their plan and interior style. The owner of the same plan in Weycroft loved their house.

Really impressed by agility of Legacy’s design team. While the sales manager gathering our requirements, the designer were literally incorporating our changes real time so at the end of the meeting we have our customized plan. During the next week after signing, my wife was able to change the elevation of the house completely (adding windows, replace stoop with porch…). The sales manager is honest, responsive and accommodating, a joy to work with.

Will continue reporting as building process goes, but so far I have only compliments for them.
Hey Mengg. Congrats on the new house. Are you guys on lot97 by any chance? I know that one is going to be a Legacy build. If so, we may be neighbors since we just signed on lot95.

Wei Yan Chan

Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM

12 posts, read 36,447 times
Lot 95 was our first choice and now we know who had it reserved when we asked about it : )

I sent you a PM.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,056 times
I know this thread is super old, but I figured I would chime in and share. We bought a legacy home 2 years ago and have been in a fight with them to get our drainage ( or Lack thereof) issue in our backyard addressed. To no avail. They will promise you the world before you close, and then after- you’re out of luck. Buyer beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary