Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 02:42 PM

22 posts, read 81,981 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My daughter is interested in cheerleading and currently takes a cheering class at The Little Gym for fun. Next fall when she starts Kindergarten I wanted to sign her up for a cheerleading squad that cheers for a team. I live In Cary (Mills Park Elementary Area) and was looking at cheerleading with either Cary Pop Warner or The Carolina Copperheads. They both look the same to me but I was wondering if anyone had experience with either? It looks as if Cary Pop Warner practices and games would be closer to where I live but I see a lot on the Copperheads website about promoting good sportsmanship, etc. I'd drive a bit further if it was a better program. If anyone has any opinions or preferences please let me know.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 08:40 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
I don't know about the Carolina Copperheads, so I can only speak for Pop Warner. Although my daughter cheered for PW in FL, I can still give you some insight about it. PW is very competitive, not so much for the younger ones, but as they get older (about 3rd grade). Not only do they cheer at the football games, they go to competition and compete against several other teams. They have a routine that they practice alot to get perfect. Most of the girls and parents enjoy it and it's alot of fun. Cary is one of those teams that always does well. You get to travel to FL once it gets to the end.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary