Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 AM

91 posts, read 455,346 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the pool communities in clayton. I know of riverwood and its co developments and magnolia village. I was wondering if there were anymore.

Thanks again,

Gia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I have clients that just moved into WYNSTON in Clayton.

Nice homes, not too expensive, great location and a POOL!

Vicki

Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 AM

25 posts, read 107,533 times
Talking good area ??

In your opinion is Clayton a up and coming growing city.We like retail and restaurants near by ....do you think the trailer parks are going to be bought out by developers in the future ? Thanks for your help.....we're thinking of relocating and Clayton is top on our list ! We are coming to see it in a week .

Old 07-05-2007, 08:43 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Clayton, which is in Johnston County, has been growing like a weed, in the last few years!

Hubby built his new office over there and drives from North Raleigh every day.

I have alot of friends that live there as they prefer lots to be bigger than what we have in North Raleigh.

I think the stats said that Johnston County grew by 400% last year. Mike can double check me on that. He keeps all those figures!

Vicki

Old 07-05-2007, 08:50 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
There are tons of pool communities. Though you can buy a membership in Riverwood even if you don't live there. That's what we did. The flowers community also has a pool.

We've lived in Clayton (archer lodge section....called Wendell but only cause our mail is farmed out...its Clayton schools) for over a year now and love it here. We did get more for our dollar here as well. Nice sized wooded lots (.66 acre), moderate sized homes (approx 2100sf) for around $200k.

Lauren

Old 07-05-2007, 10:34 AM

615 posts, read 1,502,889 times
We visited Riverwood last weekend while house hunting and while it was nice, I would not join. It was PACKED the day we visited. Just too many kids/crowds for my liking.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post
We visited Riverwood last weekend while house hunting and while it was nice, I would not join. It was PACKED the day we visited. Just too many kids/crowds for my liking.
I suppose if I had visited one day only, I might have thought the same thing. I am NOT a crowd person AT ALL. Despise them actually.....I feel claustrophic in them.

But the thing about pools is that they are in a constant state of flux...people coming and people going. If I were to weigh out how often its so crowded its uncomfortable for us (ie...can't find a good lounge chair near the water to watch the kids) with how often we go and its beautiful and not crowded......the pleasant times win! Weekends are usually more crowded than during the week. Certain times are more crowded. Certain times the crowd dispels.

Plus you have the added benefit of use of the Athletic club and golf course AND use of the other two related Athletic Clubs (Lion's Gate and Tralee).

I understand everyone is different in what they can tolerate but just wanted to offer up my perspective on it since we go on a regular basis.

Lauren

Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 AM

615 posts, read 1,502,889 times
Lauren--

Yes, I agree that we may have just seen it at a very busy time of day. And I didnt mean to knock-it, it just didnt seem like the place for us. Our daughter is sensitive to crowds/loudness and tons of other kids, so a more low-key pool would just be better for us.

It looked BEAUTIFUL though and like everyone was having a blast. The water park area looked awesome.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:50 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
I live in Cobblestone in Clayton (Anderson homes) and we have a very nice pool in our community. Its never crowded, everytime I have been up there, there has been less than 10 people. Everyone is extremely friendly, the pool has a nice sheltered area, restrooms, pool that goes up to 5 ft and chairs. There's also a picnic area, gazebo, grills and a tennis court.

I dont know if this pool is only for Anderson residents or not, KB homes is also in Cobblestone but they say "Pool" on their signs as well although I havent seen a pool yet.

Its gated so only residents can gain access which is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary