Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,866,186 times

Advertisements

The Town of Cary had a project team at the Cary Park Clubhouse explaining what improvements were being made to Green Level Church Road between Morrisville Parkway and McCrimmom Parkway. It was very informative and I liked how they were looking for input from residents which improves confidence on the outcome.

Green Level Church Road Corridor Study (http://www.townofcary.org/Departments/Engineering/Streets_and_Sidewalks/Streets_Projects/glccorridorstudy.htm - broken link)

As an aside it was mentioned that a new Police and Fire Station would be built in the next two years in the area adjacent to Mills Park Schools. Also that McDonalds is going to build a restaurant on the corner lot of Cary Park Town Center at the Green Level / Cary Glen interchange. That has to be a money spinner for whoever has that franchise with two schools just down the street. It will be interesting to see if it is welcomed, or any oposition to the McD's proposal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 AM

379 posts, read 959,851 times
Would have loved to see Chick-fil-A instead of a McD's IMO-We really need some GOOD food in this shopping center!!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:13 AM

232 posts, read 1,031,371 times
+1 for Chick-fil-A

Old 10-22-2010, 07:20 AM

212 posts, read 1,017,264 times
+1 for McCafe, Chick Fil-a has no good coffee though I will agree there chicken sandwiches are better
McDonald has a better variety of food. IMHO there sundaes and parfaits rock for $1

Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 AM

379 posts, read 959,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti04 View Post
+1 for McCafe, Chick Fil-a has no good coffee though I will agree there chicken sandwiches are better
McDonald has a better variety of food. IMHO there sundaes and parfaits rock for $1

I agree Mc.D's coffee is rock'in these days!

Old 10-22-2010, 02:45 PM

297 posts, read 741,067 times
I think it's a fine thing the McD wants to invest in the Cary Park Towne Center. I think we're finally beginning to see some life at that place. Subway has helped and the Rex Center should be a positive. A little McD's could go a long way in bringing through enough traffic to help other stores thrive and prosper. Bring it on! (The $1 menu rocks, indeed. I like McD's side salads and the snack wraps!)

Old 10-22-2010, 04:39 PM

297 posts, read 741,067 times
BTW, Firestation 8 will be a pilot "Green Build" project. It will be built to near LEED specs, but the TOC will not pursue LEED certification due to cost. It seems a very sensible approach IMO.

Fire Station 8

I wonder how congested Mills Park Rd. will eventually get if and when they connect the "future roads". So far I haven't noticed too much congestion with both schools open, but then I'm only driving in the area in late afternoon. Glad to have the traffic lights at the intersection!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,866,186 times
I was surprized when they said they planned to build a new Fire Station seeing as there is a new one 2 miles away on Carpenter Firestation, but with the growth planned for West Cary over the next decade it does make sense. They also explained about the park planned for Green Level as well which I wasn't aware of.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:44 PM

52 posts, read 130,147 times
Beermat - I didn't know there was a park planned for Green Level. Where will it be? Do you have other info?

Old 10-23-2010, 05:26 AM

43,326 posts, read 77,188,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogirl View Post
Beermat - I didn't know there was a park planned for Green Level. Where will it be? Do you have other info?
There is a planned school site, H-7, off Green Level Church Road, and the Town of Cary owns the parcels totalling about 117-118 acres along the north and northeast of that site.

On the Wake.gov Tax Map site, the 56 acre parcel is identified as "Future Park Site."

ETA: Sorry, you have to drag the map a little, as it shows the 56 acres outlined in red at the top left. I couldn't get it centered in a link... (?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary