Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 PM

62 posts, read 258,346 times

Advertisements

Anyone had/have any experience with or knowledge of Middle Creek High School? I checked out the info. available on Wake County's website and it doesn't look as good on paper as Apex High School, but I know test scores aren't everything.

My main concerns (like most parents I would guess) are safety and good academics...

Any insight is appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 PM

401 posts, read 1,623,914 times
I know several Cary cops who tell me that it has lots of problems with drugs.
I don't know this as fact, just what i've been told.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:02 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
My understanding is that almost every high school in the state has "a problem with drugs". I know families at Middle Creek and Green Hope and Cary High and they all have their drug issues, but I don't think it's any worse than anywhere else.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,559,751 times
I also knew a guy that did security at Middle Creek (I'm not trying to stir the pot), but that school had all kinds of issues with drugs and fights, etc. It was the most active school for fights and calls to Police that I know of and that is including South East, Enloe, and East Wake. I really don't know why this is the case, but I'm just passing on the info that I got from the security supervisor that controls that school and several others.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:28 AM

401 posts, read 1,623,914 times
That's the same impression I was given waterboy.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 AM

709 posts, read 934,960 times
Been Sub teaching there from April thru the end of the year . A good school. Problems like any american suburban high school. Real good teachers, great extra curricular programs, I am not sure where people get this stuff. Yes there are drugs and alcohol issues, but no more than any other place.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:10 PM

62 posts, read 258,346 times
Thanks so much for everyone's insight. Anyone know anything (good, bad, anything) about Fuquay-Varina High School?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:41 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,084,365 times
My dh just told me that the security guy at Middle Creek goes through more taser cartridges than anyone else. Scary!! My neighbor's daughter was going to Middle Creek High last school year, but she has moved back to NY to live with her father & go to school there. Her mother is here in NC and didn't want her to go, but also didn't want her to have to go to Middle Creek. I'm disappointed to hear this info because that's where my daughter will go if we still live here. Thankfully we have many years before we have to worry about it.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 6,354 times
Smile a great school!

My children have attended Middle Creek High School since it opened in 2002.

It is a fabulous school. The teachers care, and everybody there is responsive. I suggest you call the principal. He's a no nonsense guy who makes himself accessible to everyone.

I hope you don't listen to the 3rd-hand information. Yes, my children have heard about a few things over the years, but they feel perfectly safe!

Who are these security people and Cary cops spreading false information about a great school? I want to meet them.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:05 AM

709 posts, read 934,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
My dh just told me that the security guy at Middle Creek goes through more taser cartridges than anyone else. Scary!! My neighbor's daughter was going to Middle Creek High last school year, but she has moved back to NY to live with her father & go to school there. Her mother is here in NC and didn't want her to go, but also didn't want her to have to go to Middle Creek. I'm disappointed to hear this info because that's where my daughter will go if we still live here. Thankfully we have many years before we have to worry about it.

That is untrue. Number 1 the security guy is not using a taser period. This is a good suburban high school. Nice kids a bit overcrowded but quite frankly a school I would indeed have no trouble sending my teenagers to.

Who gave you that info?

Very Odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary