Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 PM

272 posts, read 723,964 times

Advertisements

Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network. I've had Sprint for almost 2 years, and am looking forward to leaving them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I keep hearing from Sprint customers that they are sick of dropped calls, this was before the tower outage. I was just looking at Virgin mobile for my tween and wondered if they use sprint's towers...anyone know this? I want to stay as far away from Sprint as possible.
Actually, after 18 months with Sprint, I am not unhappy.

This current data failure is a little aggravating, but I know it isn't a perfect world, and voice phone has worked just fine for me all through it.

And I am not unhappy with Sprint customer service.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

This current data failure is a little aggravating, but I know it isn't a perfect world, and voice phone has worked just fine for me all through it.

Thx for sharing, Mike!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 PM

272 posts, read 723,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

We have 4 Sprint phones. I am in NC, and my family is in Michigan. We all lose calls...and it's been ever since we've had them.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:00 PM

178 posts, read 549,787 times
I've had Sprint for 10+ years and have lived/worked in IL, TX, NY, CA and now NC with that service. I've been pretty lucky with my service by not having problems. And when I do have a cell issue, I'm pretty lucky with customer service too. (I say I'm lucky based on other comments about Sprint here...)

One thing I'm NOT pleased with is that my cell just rang tonight at 11:20 PM with this number 866-542-6911. This was the 4th time this number called me today. The 2 times I did answer the call, no one was there. Also no message was left. I did a reverse look-up on the number and it's apparently Sprint Customer Service. Umm...so are they calling me at practically midnight to ask if I'm happy with the service I received when I called yesterday to complain about my calls not going through? And do I call tomorrow to complain about the late night robo call and then I'll get another robo call asking about their service level? hahaha it's an ugly circle.

Sprint please be nice to me.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepito's Mommie View Post
I've had Sprint for 10+ years and have lived/worked in IL, TX, NY, CA and now NC with that service. I've been pretty lucky with my service by not having problems. And when I do have a cell issue, I'm pretty lucky with customer service too. (I say I'm lucky based on other comments about Sprint here...)

One thing I'm NOT pleased with is that my cell just rang tonight at 11:20 PM with this number 866-542-6911. This was the 4th time this number called me today. The 2 times I did answer the call, no one was there. Also no message was left. I did a reverse look-up on the number and it's apparently Sprint Customer Service. Umm...so are they calling me at practically midnight to ask if I'm happy with the service I received when I called yesterday to complain about my calls not going through? And do I call tomorrow to complain about the late night robo call and then I'll get another robo call asking about their service level? hahaha it's an ugly circle.

Sprint please be nice to me.
Well, there IS that. Yeah, robocalls when I am doing other things are kind of silly.
Aggravating you until you tell them you are happy...

Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM

374 posts, read 1,181,600 times
Besides this current data outage I have been a happy sprint customer for 7+ years. Maybe I have just been lucky but Usually I do not have many dropped calls

Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 AM

240 posts, read 627,543 times
I just moved into a new house in Clayton and I am getting almost zero bars for reception in and around my house with Sprint.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM

22 posts, read 57,731 times
Default sprint issues continue

We are now going on 1 week of this crap. Dropped calls, cross talk, and people i call cannot hear me - every day, every hour. Sprint claims the tower has been fixed, so there is another issue.

This is ridiculous. It is affecting my neighbors who have sprint as well. It happens whether I am in N Raleigh or Cary. This does not seem like a tower issue.

The folks that are not experiencing problems, what phones are you using?

We all have either Epics or Evos here.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM

I was in BJ's at Crossroads last night.
Wife called, and I dumped the call getting my phone out of my pocket.

She called back in a couple of minutes, and all I could hear was a wailing baby.
Pretty bizarre, and my first experience like that.

HTC Evo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary