Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,040 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Villages Of Lake Boone Trail soon. We are quite people who keep to ourselves . We sold our 4br home in MA n wanted to live in an areas close to everything to help us get familiar with Raleigh then after our lease is up in 12mths maybe move to Cary beacause by then we will have jobs n an idea of our budget. I have been searching the web like a MAD women n im seeing alot of reviews saying they have ROACHES!!!!! O please tell me that this place doesnt have a huge overwhelming infestaion thru out the complex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Believe they are affectionately referred to as palmetto bugs this side of the MAson-Dixon...

Old 10-25-2010, 03:34 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,028,326 times
They are renovating so maybe get a new unit? Not sure if they have bugs and not sure if that would help... Do you like their price point, location, or what? Then maybe we could give you recommendations of other places to check out, too, unless you know that's where you definitely want to live. I actually considered them as well, but chose another place before looking at Villages. Next door, for more money, is Grand Reserve (or something like that). I've always thought they were pretty, and probably cleaner.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,664 times
Everything you read online is only the negatives. People tend to only comment when they have negative comments. I've never known anyone to say, "hey, that lease was awesome, I'm going to post a positive review". I've only heard, "ARRGGGGGG that place sucks I'm going to slam them on the internet!!!".

Your best bet is to check the place out beforehand. Since you're moving from out of town, that's probably not possible though.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:47 AM

447 posts, read 1,619,814 times
Those are probably the palmetto bugs that look like giant roaches. Apartment complexes and houses with a lot of trees around them are going to have this problem. The only places I have lived where I did not see these bugs were homes with no tree cover.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,409 times
Thumbs down Villages of Lake Boone Trail

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Imoved into my apartment in Villages of Lake Boone Trail on 07/09/14; I receivedmy keys around 1pm. When I got to the apartment I did not smell paint. I walkedaround and made notice that it was not cleaned thoroughly; however, I did not makea fuss because I was going to re-clean regardless. When I finally moved all mybelongings into the apartment, it was around 8:30pm that night. After settlingin, we soon realize that there were an overwhelming number of roaches in theapartment; mainly in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. We then decided tomove the mattress in the living room and slept there. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Thenext morning I called the office to ask for an exterminator. It was Thursdayand they said the exterminator does not come until Monday. I insisted they havehim come that day, as soon as possible. When the exterminator came he statedthat the infestation was bad but not as bad as some of the other apartments inthat complex that he had serviced prior. He said the problem should correctitself within a few days. He said by early next week we should not see any moreroaches. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]ThatFriday, July 11, my boyfriend who is visiting from Louisiana, complained aboutbeing bitten. At first I did not feel any bites. As the days progressed, it wasevident something was biting us. He showed me a flea that was biting him. OnSaturday, while lying in the bed I was bitten by another flea. I grabbed it andput it in the sink to make sure. It was definitely a flea. I called the officeon Monday morning July 14, and left voicemails for the office and maintenanceteam obviously annoyed and aggravated at this point. I have had way too manyproblems up to this point and have only been here for less than a week. Icalled back several hours later at the beginning of my lunch and spoke withAngela. She said she received my messages and that Kimberly Hayworth – thecommunity manager would call me back as soon as she pulls the files on theapartment. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Kimreturned my call as I was returning to work from lunch. I told her that she didnot clean or change the carpet and now there are fleas. I also told her this isunacceptable for a new tenant just moving into your apartment complex. She saidthat she had an invoice proving new carpet has been purchased. I told her it isimpossible that all that carpet is new because there is a burn mark in thehallway carpet (I have a dated picture for proof). She said that she will sendthe exterminator over there to spray. I informed her that spray would not workbecause the fleas are now on my furniture, including my couch and mattress. Shesaid that the spray is only used for the carpet and cannot be used on furniture.I demanded new carpet in which she responded that she would not do that becausethat is brand new carpet. I told her we need another solution and she can sendthe exterminator to the apartment in the meantime but after work I will come tothe office for a final resolution; at this point I was late returning fromlunch and had to end the call. She was extremely unprofessional, unhelpful,argumentative, rude, abrasive, and patronizing. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Iinformed my boyfriend to record the conversation when the exterminator came. Theexterminator told him that this spray is not going to work completely and thereare still going to be eggs in the carpet after we vacuumed at 5:30pm. He saidthat they will change the carpet and that this was bad housekeeping for them toallow me to move into this apartment with pest. I called the office immediatelyafter he left to inform Kim that this option is not a solution to the problemfor me. I spoke with the exterminator and Kim. The exterminator gave me thesame directions to vacuum at 5:30pm. Kim said that she did not know where thisinfestation came from (again, not taking ownership or offering a workablesolution). I told her that I packed my stuff up and moved it directly to theapartment. I did not have fleas in my old residence so it had to come fromhere. The exterminator said that he worked in this field for 10 plus years andhe has never seen anyone so upset about fleas. I informed him that as a newtenant; I am not required to vacuum considering this should have been doneprior to me moving in. I told him I am from the city not the country. I do notlike bugs. I do not own pets and I just paid a lot of money to move into thisbrand new apartment that is filled with pests - at this point I hung up thephone with Kim and the exterminator. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]WhenI got off of work I had a voicemail from Kim offering me $100 off of my nextmonth’s rent payment (this recording is available at request). I did not callher back, I went into the office. When I first got there she wasn’t there.Angela called her to tell her I was there. When she came into the office shehad a maintenance man with her. I thought that was extremely unusualconsidering it was not a maintenance issue (maintenance should not have beeninvolved in this matter at all, this is the first indication that she waspreparing for something to happen). Her first question was how she could makethis better. I told her that I wanted the house bombed because of the roachesand fleas. I wanted new carpet and my furniture cleaned. I also told her I wantmy money back for July since I had to move into an apartment that clearly wasnot ready to be rented. She said that the exterminator told her that was thebest thing he could do for that issue and it is more effective than the bomb. Itold her that the fleas are also on the furniture and that only spraying thecarpet would not work. She said , ”that is all I can do for now; wait a coupleof days to see if what the exterminator did is going to work.” She gave me an email address and stated, “thisis the address to my manager and you may leave my office.” I asked for a phonenumber instead and she said she was informed only to give me an email. I toldher that I was not leaving her office without a solution or a phone number fromtheir management company. She said “I gave you what I was told to give you.Leave me office now.” [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Atthis point I was obviously upset because again this is a problem I am notsupposed to be having considering that I have only been in this apartment for 5days. I asked her person to person how she would feel if she moved her familyinto a brand new apartment with these issues. Again, she was extremelyunprofessional, unhelpful, argumentative, rude, abrasive, and patronizing. Herphone rang at this point and she picked up the phone and said to whomever wason the line, “I will call you back, I am dealing with this irate tenant”. Thatwas extremely insulting and that is when I begin to raise my voice. They triedto ask me to calm down. I told them the solution to getting me to calm down iseither a phone number or a real pest control solution. I told her I was goingto contact a lawyer, Raleigh Health Department, Better Business Bureau, local newsstations, and will get on every social media site and write a truthful negativereview. I told her if that did not work I would personally stand outside myselfand tell people about the problems I am experiencing with this complex. Shesaid she was calling the police and I told her to “call the police; maybe theycan make her give me the number to the management company.” The maintenance guytried to talk to me but I ignored him considering he had absolutely nothing todo with this issue and should not have been involved at all. She continuedmaking condescending remarks to me so I yelled out to a future tenant in theoffice that this place had roaches and fleas and not to rent from them. I amunaware of what she told the cops but five police cars pulled up as if therewas some kind of violent crime in progress. I have contacted the dispatcher fora transcript of what was said to the operator. After the police arrived andtold me to leave; on my way out she said she wanted to press trespassing charges.I asked the officer how she can do that considering I live here and I have theright to make a formal complaint to the office. The officer collected myinformation and Kim told me to make sure I do not come into the office or talkwith her staff anymore. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Asof told 7/25/14, a Monday passed without me being placed on the exterminationlist. I requested for my apartment to be sprayed every week. My boyfriendcalled Monday morning to put me on the list. He was told by staff that theexterminator would come later. We waited all day and when he called back, hewas told that the exterminator left for the day. This is totally ridiculousconsidering I have bug problems since day one and I should have been automaticallybeen placed on this list. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Ihave sent this letter to the management company on July 25[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3] anddidn’t receive a response until July 28[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3]; although they have beenaware of this issue since July 14[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3]. I have asked for a resolutiononly just to avoid going to court. Also, I have contacted the Raleigh Health,Sanitation, and Public Nuisance Code Enforcement center and they said that theycouldn’t help since the apartment complex already sprayed. And yet I still havean issue with the pests. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Iam still seeing roaches today. I literally killed three before I left for workthis morning. As of 8/12/14 I have submitted numerous emails regarding the sameissues plus more. I had a clog in my pipes of my bathroom tub. While I showeredthe water wouldn’t drain which means I was standing in sewer and dirty water.The plumber came and pulled a wad of hair out of the drain. I have had aproblem with spiders making a community of webs outside the hallway doors atnights where you can’t even see them until you walk up close into them (I triedto take pictures). I have several friends and tenants to testify to this. I hadhad several bugs come under the storm guard of my door (water bugs roaches,spiders, and crickets, I have pictures of this). It looked like the weatherstripe was damage by claws. The owner prior to me had a dog. If they would havecleaned and renewed properly, I wouldn’t be having these issues.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Asof Thursday evening 08/14/14, crickets are getting inside the bathroom throughsome holes under the tube or the side of the sink. I have pictures attached.This morning alone, two got inside while I was preparing for my shower forwork. The bathroom toilet is always leaking (which affects the water bill). Ihave turned it off and it is still leading. Next, something is wrong with thekitchen septic tank, it is leaking (which affects the water bill). The waterpours outside when the sink is running. I have a picture attached. Finally, theinsulation on the front door is falling apart (Hence, so many bugs). I have apicture attached. These are just the problems that need to be fixed right away.Once again, this is clear indications that the apartment wasn't seriouslyrenovated prior to me moving in. I'm having way too many problems so early. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Thereare many reasons I am upset; the main one being how nonchalant and indifferentmanagement has been about this major problem. Although, I think this situationis bad business, extremely uncalled for, and handled terribly, I waitedpatiently for a resolution. Why would I realistically want to stay at anapartment where I am trespassed from the main office for standing up for myselfand my rights? It has been a month since the incident and I am still havingproblems with roaches. I am unable to get another exterminator that does nothave any connections with the apartment complex to come inside and spray due tothe law. I have spent the last month collecting all evidence necessary to go tocourt. I have spoken with neighbors who said that the person who lived insideof this apartment before me was very unclean and sloppy. They said he had a dogthat he would leave in there alone for several days. Also, they mentioned theysaw him moving out of the apartment on the Fourth of July weekend. This meansthat the very first day the office could have cleaned was on Monday July 7th. Ihad the keys Wednesday July 9[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3] around 1pm (not even three fulldays). That is not enough time to thoroughly flip an apartment including cleaning,bombing, painting, and changing the carpet. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][FONT="Times New Roman"]My neighbors have givenme testimonies to the information that I just shared. I have also asked them toinclude any bad incidents they had personally with Kim. I have spoken with lawyersand Better Business Bureau. I was requesting my furniture be bombed andcleaned, July’s rent returned, permission to break my lease without consequence,and the money it will take to move to another complex including applicationfees, truck rental plus movers, and security and rent deposits. Since theproblem hasn’t reached a solution and they are bullying me into settlement, Iwant to go to court. Not only am I suing for the initial cost mentioned above,I will include new furniture cost and emotional damage considering three of mycoworkers witness the police giving me a warning for trespassing charges andthe removal of my tags due to the incompetence of the staff and management. Sincemoving into this apartment, my work quality has decreased at my job. I havereceived a written warning from my employer for missing days, canceling OT,switching shifts, coming late, and ineffective errors; all due to this initial movein problem regarding the complex (I have this information available at request).Also, I am seeking financial damages for defamation of character for how poorlyI was treated by your staff; mainly Kim. She has counter argued everyprofessional problem I have with this management company and herprofessionalism with a personal attack on my character instead of a resolutionfor this active issue. This is business and not personal. Again, this problemis unacceptable and was definitely unavoidable if there management was chosenbetter and proactive about reaching a solution. This problem should have beenaddressed with tact, consideration, and a willingness to help. [/FONT][/FONT]

Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFEN5 View Post
We are moving to the Villages Of Lake Boone Trail soon. We are quite people who keep to ourselves . We sold our 4br home in MA n wanted to live in an areas close to everything to help us get familiar with Raleigh then after our lease is up in 12mths maybe move to Cary beacause by then we will have jobs n an idea of our budget. I have been searching the web like a MAD women n im seeing alot of reviews saying they have ROACHES!!!!! O please tell me that this place doesnt have a huge overwhelming infestaion thru out the complex

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Imoved into my apartment in Villages of Lake Boone Trail on 07/09/14; I receivedmy keys around 1pm. When I got to the apartment I did not smell paint. I walkedaround and made notice that it was not cleaned thoroughly; however, I did not makea fuss because I was going to re-clean regardless. When I finally moved all mybelongings into the apartment, it was around 8:30pm that night. After settlingin, we soon realize that there were an overwhelming number of roaches in theapartment; mainly in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. We then decided tomove the mattress in the living room and slept there. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Thenext morning I called the office to ask for an exterminator. It was Thursdayand they said the exterminator does not come until Monday. I insisted they havehim come that day, as soon as possible. When the exterminator came he statedthat the infestation was bad but not as bad as some of the other apartments inthat complex that he had serviced prior. He said the problem should correctitself within a few days. He said by early next week we should not see any moreroaches. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]ThatFriday, July 11, my boyfriend who is visiting from Louisiana, complained aboutbeing bitten. At first I did not feel any bites. As the days progressed, it wasevident something was biting us. He showed me a flea that was biting him. OnSaturday, while lying in the bed I was bitten by another flea. I grabbed it andput it in the sink to make sure. It was definitely a flea. I called the officeon Monday morning July 14, and left voicemails for the office and maintenanceteam obviously annoyed and aggravated at this point. I have had way too manyproblems up to this point and have only been here for less than a week. Icalled back several hours later at the beginning of my lunch and spoke withAngela. She said she received my messages and that Kimberly Hayworth – thecommunity manager would call me back as soon as she pulls the files on theapartment. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Kimreturned my call as I was returning to work from lunch. I told her that she didnot clean or change the carpet and now there are fleas. I also told her this isunacceptable for a new tenant just moving into your apartment complex. She saidthat she had an invoice proving new carpet has been purchased. I told her it isimpossible that all that carpet is new because there is a burn mark in thehallway carpet (I have a dated picture for proof). She said that she will sendthe exterminator over there to spray. I informed her that spray would not workbecause the fleas are now on my furniture, including my couch and mattress. Shesaid that the spray is only used for the carpet and cannot be used on furniture.I demanded new carpet in which she responded that she would not do that becausethat is brand new carpet. I told her we need another solution and she can sendthe exterminator to the apartment in the meantime but after work I will come tothe office for a final resolution; at this point I was late returning fromlunch and had to end the call. She was extremely unprofessional, unhelpful,argumentative, rude, abrasive, and patronizing. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Iinformed my boyfriend to record the conversation when the exterminator came. Theexterminator told him that this spray is not going to work completely and thereare still going to be eggs in the carpet after we vacuumed at 5:30pm. He saidthat they will change the carpet and that this was bad housekeeping for them toallow me to move into this apartment with pest. I called the office immediatelyafter he left to inform Kim that this option is not a solution to the problemfor me. I spoke with the exterminator and Kim. The exterminator gave me thesame directions to vacuum at 5:30pm. Kim said that she did not know where thisinfestation came from (again, not taking ownership or offering a workablesolution). I told her that I packed my stuff up and moved it directly to theapartment. I did not have fleas in my old residence so it had to come fromhere. The exterminator said that he worked in this field for 10 plus years andhe has never seen anyone so upset about fleas. I informed him that as a newtenant; I am not required to vacuum considering this should have been doneprior to me moving in. I told him I am from the city not the country. I do notlike bugs. I do not own pets and I just paid a lot of money to move into thisbrand new apartment that is filled with pests - at this point I hung up thephone with Kim and the exterminator. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]WhenI got off of work I had a voicemail from Kim offering me $100 off of my nextmonth’s rent payment (this recording is available at request). I did not callher back, I went into the office. When I first got there she wasn’t there.Angela called her to tell her I was there. When she came into the office shehad a maintenance man with her. I thought that was extremely unusualconsidering it was not a maintenance issue (maintenance should not have beeninvolved in this matter at all, this is the first indication that she waspreparing for something to happen). Her first question was how she could makethis better. I told her that I wanted the house bombed because of the roachesand fleas. I wanted new carpet and my furniture cleaned. I also told her I wantmy money back for July since I had to move into an apartment that clearly wasnot ready to be rented. She said that the exterminator told her that was thebest thing he could do for that issue and it is more effective than the bomb. Itold her that the fleas are also on the furniture and that only spraying thecarpet would not work. She said , ”that is all I can do for now; wait a coupleof days to see if what the exterminator did is going to work.” She gave me an email address and stated, “thisis the address to my manager and you may leave my office.” I asked for a phonenumber instead and she said she was informed only to give me an email. I toldher that I was not leaving her office without a solution or a phone number fromtheir management company. She said “I gave you what I was told to give you.Leave me office now.” [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Atthis point I was obviously upset because again this is a problem I am notsupposed to be having considering that I have only been in this apartment for 5days. I asked her person to person how she would feel if she moved her familyinto a brand new apartment with these issues. Again, she was extremelyunprofessional, unhelpful, argumentative, rude, abrasive, and patronizing. Herphone rang at this point and she picked up the phone and said to whomever wason the line, “I will call you back, I am dealing with this irate tenant”. Thatwas extremely insulting and that is when I begin to raise my voice. They triedto ask me to calm down. I told them the solution to getting me to calm down iseither a phone number or a real pest control solution. I told her I was goingto contact a lawyer, Raleigh Health Department, Better Business Bureau, local newsstations, and will get on every social media site and write a truthful negativereview. I told her if that did not work I would personally stand outside myselfand tell people about the problems I am experiencing with this complex. Shesaid she was calling the police and I told her to “call the police; maybe theycan make her give me the number to the management company.” The maintenance guytried to talk to me but I ignored him considering he had absolutely nothing todo with this issue and should not have been involved at all. She continuedmaking condescending remarks to me so I yelled out to a future tenant in theoffice that this place had roaches and fleas and not to rent from them. I amunaware of what she told the cops but five police cars pulled up as if therewas some kind of violent crime in progress. I have contacted the dispatcher fora transcript of what was said to the operator. After the police arrived andtold me to leave; on my way out she said she wanted to press trespassing charges.I asked the officer how she can do that considering I live here and I have theright to make a formal complaint to the office. The officer collected myinformation and Kim told me to make sure I do not come into the office or talkwith her staff anymore. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Asof told 7/25/14, a Monday passed without me being placed on the exterminationlist. I requested for my apartment to be sprayed every week. My boyfriendcalled Monday morning to put me on the list. He was told by staff that theexterminator would come later. We waited all day and when he called back, hewas told that the exterminator left for the day. This is totally ridiculousconsidering I have bug problems since day one and I should have been automaticallybeen placed on this list. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Ihave sent this letter to the management company on July 25[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3] anddidn’t receive a response until July 28[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3]; although they have beenaware of this issue since July 14[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3]. I have asked for a resolutiononly just to avoid going to court. Also, I have contacted the Raleigh Health,Sanitation, and Public Nuisance Code Enforcement center and they said that theycouldn’t help since the apartment complex already sprayed. And yet I still havean issue with the pests. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Iam still seeing roaches today. I literally killed three before I left for workthis morning. As of 8/12/14 I have submitted numerous emails regarding the sameissues plus more. I had a clog in my pipes of my bathroom tub. While I showeredthe water wouldn’t drain which means I was standing in sewer and dirty water.The plumber came and pulled a wad of hair out of the drain. I have had aproblem with spiders making a community of webs outside the hallway doors atnights where you can’t even see them until you walk up close into them (I triedto take pictures). I have several friends and tenants to testify to this. I hadhad several bugs come under the storm guard of my door (water bugs roaches,spiders, and crickets, I have pictures of this). It looked like the weatherstripe was damage by claws. The owner prior to me had a dog. If they would havecleaned and renewed properly, I wouldn’t be having these issues.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Asof Thursday evening 08/14/14, crickets are getting inside the bathroom throughsome holes under the tube or the side of the sink. I have pictures attached.This morning alone, two got inside while I was preparing for my shower forwork. The bathroom toilet is always leaking (which affects the water bill). Ihave turned it off and it is still leading. Next, something is wrong with thekitchen septic tank, it is leaking (which affects the water bill). The waterpours outside when the sink is running. I have a picture attached. Finally, theinsulation on the front door is falling apart (Hence, so many bugs). I have apicture attached. These are just the problems that need to be fixed right away.Once again, this is clear indications that the apartment wasn't seriouslyrenovated prior to me moving in. I'm having way too many problems so early. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE=3]Thereare many reasons I am upset; the main one being how nonchalant and indifferentmanagement has been about this major problem. Although, I think this situationis bad business, extremely uncalled for, and handled terribly, I waitedpatiently for a resolution. Why would I realistically want to stay at anapartment where I am trespassed from the main office for standing up for myselfand my rights? It has been a month since the incident and I am still havingproblems with roaches. I am unable to get another exterminator that does nothave any connections with the apartment complex to come inside and spray due tothe law. I have spent the last month collecting all evidence necessary to go tocourt. I have spoken with neighbors who said that the person who lived insideof this apartment before me was very unclean and sloppy. They said he had a dogthat he would leave in there alone for several days. Also, they mentioned theysaw him moving out of the apartment on the Fourth of July weekend. This meansthat the very first day the office could have cleaned was on Monday July 7th. Ihad the keys Wednesday July 9[/SIZE][SIZE=2]th[/SIZE][SIZE=3] around 1pm (not even three fulldays). That is not enough time to thoroughly flip an apartment including cleaning,bombing, painting, and changing the carpet. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][FONT="Times New Roman"]My neighbors have givenme testimonies to the information that I just shared. I have also asked them toinclude any bad incidents they had personally with Kim. I have spoken with lawyersand Better Business Bureau. I was requesting my furniture be bombed andcleaned, July’s rent returned, permission to break my lease without consequence,and the money it will take to move to another complex including applicationfees, truck rental plus movers, and security and rent deposits. Since theproblem hasn’t reached a solution and they are bullying me into settlement, Iwant to go to court. Not only am I suing for the initial cost mentioned above,I will include new furniture cost and emotional damage considering three of mycoworkers witness the police giving me a warning for trespassing charges andthe removal of my tags due to the incompetence of the staff and management. Sincemoving into this apartment, my work quality has decreased at my job. I havereceived a written warning from my employer for missing days, canceling OT,switching shifts, coming late, and ineffective errors; all due to this initial movein problem regarding the complex (I have this information available at request).Also, I am seeking financial damages for defamation of character for how poorlyI was treated by your staff; mainly Kim. She has counter argued everyprofessional problem I have with this management company and herprofessionalism with a personal attack on my character instead of a resolutionfor this active issue. This is business and not personal. Again, this problemis unacceptable and was definitely unavoidable if there management was chosenbetter and proactive about reaching a solution. This problem should have beenaddressed with tact, consideration, and a willingness to help. [/FONT][/FONT]

Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFEN5 View Post

This apartment sucks.....It doesn't even deserve one star... Basically since day one, I have had roaches, fleas, spiders, waterbugs, crickets, and various other bugs, The staff is rude. Also, they didn't do any renovations prior to me moving in. I have filed complaints with every department and have gottena lawyer. Please, for your sake, STAY AWAY!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary