Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 06:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Trent Hicks View Post
Please post your holiday performance schedule as it develops.

For those who don't know or haven't heard, this talented young man's performance is well worth a listen! (and perhaps some beer money?)

8-)
Thanks for the kind words Trent! I actually kicked things off tonight with a brief stint at North Hill (wanted to test the waters) before getting serious after thanksgiving.

During december I plan to play North Hills and Downtown Raleigh (by the ice skating rink) on two nights a week throughout the month from 6-8pm (weather permitting),

I'll be at the December 1st and 15th from 6-8pm for the Free Thursday night wine tasting events at Taylor's BP in North Raleigh.

I'm also playing on December 11th at the Tucker House in downtown Raleigh as part of the Oakwood Candlelight Tour.

I also have a few other events but they are private parties!

If you see me, say hello!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:19 AM

425 posts, read 1,257,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I have my first Holiday Gig!

I'll be playing at the Holiday Open House at Electric Beanz Coffee Bar - Staturday November 27th (1-3pm) electricbeanz.com

They will have free tea and cocoa tasting with live Christmas music (Me playing Christmas Carols on my Trombone)!
So glad that you will be back to this venue again this year. Unfortunately, we won't be able to see you as we will be out of town. Bummer ... But hope to catch you somewhere during the season! Have fun!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:00 PM

286 posts, read 685,453 times
Were you at North Hills today? There was a guy there playing the trombone and I wondered it if was you but I didn't want him to stop playing long enough for me to ask. He told me Merry Christmas after I tipped him though.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderGirl View Post
Were you at North Hills today? There was a guy there playing the trombone and I wondered it if was you but I didn't want him to stop playing long enough for me to ask. He told me Merry Christmas after I tipped him though.
Yes! That was me. I was at North Hills from 12:30-2:30 today. I'm off work all week and playing as much as I can (while the weather is still nice). I've really enjoyed playing at North Hills this year and have met a lot of great people there.

Thank you very much for the tip and hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
NRG glad it was you Reader Girl saw. Twice in the past 2 years I have gone up to trombone players and said "Hi Are you North Raleigh Guy?" only to have the guy look at me like I was crazy. You need to wear some coded sign, like a pin or belt or something so your CD buddies can identify you. Glad you are keeping busy so you can drink all that beer you love.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 AM

286 posts, read 685,453 times
Wahoo! Next time I see you, I will introduce myself so you don't worry about that really tall, scrawny girl with glasses who keeps staring at you like she knows you..... My bf loves Christmas music but he didn't get to hear you yesterday so I may drag him over to listen, too.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
NRG glad it was you Reader Girl saw. Twice in the past 2 years I have gone up to trombone players and said "Hi Are you North Raleigh Guy?" only to have the guy look at me like I was crazy. You need to wear some coded sign, like a pin or belt or something so your CD buddies can identify you. Glad you are keeping busy so you can drink all that beer you love.
It is cool you have seen so many trombone players. Where are you bumping into them? Maybe I need to send you a pic of me playing so you will recognize me when I am out playing next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderGirl View Post
Wahoo! Next time I see you, I will introduce myself so you don't worry about that really tall, scrawny girl with glasses who keeps staring at you like she knows you..... My bf loves Christmas music but he didn't get to hear you yesterday so I may drag him over to listen, too.
That is cool. Small world! I *hope* I can play at North Hills at least one more time before the holiday, but this weather isn't cooperating!

Thanks again!!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
NRG,

Are you trying to track down a Trombone Trio!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
NRG,

Are you trying to track down a Trombone Trio!
Hey you never know!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
No Kudzu,

If you see somebody that looks like this guy playing feel free to stop him and say hello. It's me!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary