Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 06:31 PM

321 posts, read 877,903 times

Advertisements

They come to your vehicle, supposedly alot cheaper than body shops? I believe there are a couple of them in this area.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 06:49 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,534,838 times
yeah, they usually do a pretty good job actually.

They will probably pop your door panels off, or they will drill a small hole in the door jam to get at the dent (NOT INVASIVE AT ALL).

They can't pop and dents that have creased though.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,623,706 times
I've had dents removed twice by Toby at Dent Wizard. I don't know how much it cost because both times the dents were "dealer installed" while my car was in for service, so the dealer paid for it. Toby did a great job both times, and apparently my vehicle make is difficult for PDR because it has double layers of sheet metal or something like that. I don't think that he had to do any drilling, but I do know he did a little bit of wet sanding on the second dent.

I've actually got a small parking lot installed dent that I'm thinking of having taken out. If/when I do, I'll probably use Toby again.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:58 AM

43 posts, read 86,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalnc View Post
They come to your vehicle, supposedly alot cheaper than body shops? I believe there are a couple of them in this area.....
Some PDR places (paintless dent removal) offer mobile services and some not. I have used several in the past and as long as the paint where the dent isn't cracked or damaged an experienced operator can pull pretty much any dent including creases. There are national chains and there are local operators and I have had a really good experience with one of the local guys. He did an amazing job on my car without drilling holes even though two other places I received quotes from said they had to drill holes. His original quote was lower than the other two PDR places and he slashed 25% off the bill because it took him quicker to complete than he originally estimated. In the end I saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars VS. doing work at a body shop.
Ken 816-5059
(By the way, I’m just a satisfied customer sharing my experience)

Old 10-28-2010, 07:55 AM

13 posts, read 38,126 times
I would also recommend Toby, good guy great work, typically a flat rate..

Toby Fields
919-247-5893

Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,052,138 times
Agreed ... if the paint isn't damaged you typically don't need a body shop. The PDR folks do a very good job. Occasionally they will have trouble getting past door side impact protection bars, etc but they should definitely be the first place you try.

Frank

Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,889,632 times
I received a dent removal as a gift (okay... so I'm apparently difficult to shop for...) They did a beautiful job. I wished I had done it sooner.

They were located in coastal NC, so I won't post the recommendation. But don't hesitate to find someone nearby to do that for you!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,521,439 times
I love my dents. It adds character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary