Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 146,896 times

Advertisements

hi. My family and I are selling our home in NY and are hoping to buy a new home in the development Blackstone at Amberly in Cary. We did visit Cary and liked it alot...now to choose a specific location! Does anybody have any info on this community..schools..etc. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2006, 03:58 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
I took some folks out to Amberly last week. They liked the townhouses. From what I could tell...there are quite a few neighborhoods, different in style and price. The townhouses they liked only had a single car garage. Let me know what other info. you need and I'll see what else I can find out for you. Vicki

Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,232 times
Smile Cary North Carolina

Hello,

I just came across this web site and was excited to click on this one about Amberly North Carolina. We are also from New York (Long Island) and we also want to move to North Carolina.

I have an aunt and grandmother who live in Apex, North Carolina. We were down there in May of 2005 (and staying at a hotel in Cary) We fell in love with Cary. They say it stands for Contained Area for Relocated Yankees...ha-ha.

We were then putting our house here on the market in Jan 06, but got nervous thinking we wouldnt make the money we thought on our house so we backed out. But now we are thinking of really making the move soon. We will be down again this October and we are looking at Amberly- and also Morrisville?

Take care,
Laurie

Old 08-18-2006, 11:40 AM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 146,896 times
Smile for laurie re: Cary

Laurie, Thank you for responding. I am also from LI (Lindenhurst) and my house is currently on the market...just waiting to sell! My husband and I , like many from LI, are looking to leave the rat race. We visited Cary this June and we really liked it as well. i am hoping to go down again in Sept. to checkout Amberly. I am excited, nervous, anxious etc... just because I want to be sure. I have two young children 7 and 5 and want to have a better life for them. Please let me know if you get any further info and I'll do the same. Good luck to you! Anj

Old 08-18-2006, 08:55 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Amberly and ALOT of other new neighborhoods are in Morrisville but somehow...they have a Cary address!!!

Vicki

Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,209 times
Default Considering moving to Waxhaw or Cary , NC

Just curious if you made the move to Cary. I am considering moving to either waxhaw or Cary. I too am anxious, nervous - 3 small children. Need to pick thebest schools first, then development. Please respond if anyone has recently moved. I will visit in April 2007

Old 03-14-2007, 09:32 AM

67 posts, read 64,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafromnj View Post
Just curious if you made the move to Cary. I am considering moving to either waxhaw or Cary. I too am anxious, nervous - 3 small children. Need to pick thebest schools first, then development. Please respond if anyone has recently moved. I will visit in April 2007
My family moved to Waxhaw in June, and we love it, the schools in Union are great and they are building 3 news schools very close to our development, I've never been to cary so can't say anything about it Waxhaw is beautiful!

Old 03-14-2007, 11:54 AM

133 posts, read 710,886 times
I agree with one of the previous posts (from bafromnj) about picking out a good school first (very important for those of us with school-aged children), then picking out the area/subdivision.

I've read that the schools system in Wake County is one of the best in the region/country, but based on what criteria? Is that just based on test scores? That may not necessarily be not be the best indicator.
I also read that they're suffering from overcrowding because of all the people (like me) who have moved or are considering the move.

Any input from those w/ first-hand experience? Proximity to a "good" school and a short (30 mins or less) to the metro area will definitely be tops on the list for us.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 PM

15 posts, read 59,108 times
Wake County does have some of the best schools in this region and this can be verified on greatschools.net. My kids attend Lufkin Rd Middle School and their test scores are in 2nd in the county behind West Lake Middle. Granted, both of these schools are on a year-round calendar that doesn't always work for all families. It does make you wonder if the long summer vacation that is associated with a traditional calendar tends to make kids forget some of what they have learned the previous year. I am very sad that my husband lost his job due to a company reorganization and we have to move to Greenville, South Carolina and go back to a traditional calendar. I know that my kids enjoy the breaks during the year and feel refreshed and ready to learn when they return. If anyone is interested that calendar, our house will be on the market April 1st and we have a basement. Not the norm in our area (Apex).

Old 04-07-2007, 10:40 PM

16 posts, read 83,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
Laurie, Thank you for responding. I am also from LI (Lindenhurst) and my house is currently on the market...just waiting to sell! My husband and I , like many from LI, are looking to leave the rat race. We visited Cary this June and we really liked it as well. i am hoping to go down again in Sept. to checkout Amberly. I am excited, nervous, anxious etc... just because I want to be sure. I have two young children 7 and 5 and want to have a better life for them. Please let me know if you get any further info and I'll do the same. Good luck to you! Anj
Thanks so much for your reply. I am finally back on and reading these. Let's definitely keep each other posted on our findings. I, too, am Excited, Nervous and Anxious. Wow...you actually said what I have been feeling. I also wish you much GOOD LUCK. Stay in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary