Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:41 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,962,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasek73 View Post
Not so sure about that CH. They had tables set up inside the voting room for New Registrations, which seemed to me they were taking them day of. They had a sheet of paper on the table that listed items they would take to show you were local, like a utility bill, and several other things that were not a picture ID.

It goes to show that the old adage vote early, vote often would work around here, especially if you knew of neighbors or other registered voters who dont normally vote in the midterms and had all of their info.
During early voting, you can register (or change registration to new address) and vote at the same time.

If you are going to vote on election day, you have to register 25 days before the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 PM

464 posts, read 1,044,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
During early voting, you can register (or change registration to new address) and vote at the same time.

If you are going to vote on election day, you have to register 25 days before the election.
Thank you for the clarification toot68. I was definitely early voting when I saw those tables set up on Saturday.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasek73 View Post
Not so sure about that CH. They had tables set up inside the voting room for New Registrations, which seemed to me they were taking them day of. They had a sheet of paper on the table that listed items they would take to show you were local, like a utility bill, and several other things that were not a picture ID.
This might be what that was:
Quote:
A North Carolina resident who is qualified to register to vote may register In-Person and vote at a One-Stop Site in the person's county of residence during the One-Stop Absentee Voting period. The One-Stop Voting period extends from 19 to 3 days before Election Day. However, there is no voter registration during the One-Stop Voting period for a Second Primary.

The process is sometimes referred to as “In-Person Registration,” but it is important to recognize that it not permitted on Election Day itself.

To use this process, a citizen must (1) go to a One-Stop Voting Site in the county of residence during the One Stop Absentee Voting period, (2) fill out a voter registration application, and (3) provide proof of residency by showing the elections official an appropriate form of identification with the citizen’s current name and current address. The new registrant may vote ONLY at a One-Stop Absentee Voting Site in the county of registration during One-Stop Absentee Voting period and not on Election Day.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:35 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,015 times
The amount of election fraud was so minimal but you should be happy to know that in 2016 an ID will be required.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:36 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
ID's will be required in 2016, I thought...

Old 11-03-2014, 12:05 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
ID's will be required in 2016, I thought...
Yes, they will. Note that the original thread was written in 2010.

May I suggest to mods that, despite the "never delete" rule, this thread be deleted so people happening upon it will not be confused by outdated/contradicting information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary