Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 AM

106 posts, read 403,355 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for good BBQ company to cater a neighborhood xmas party? Looking for quality pulled pork, cole slaw, etc and reasonable prices!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 AM

240 posts, read 627,543 times
I strongly recommend Backyard Bistro. The do great BBQ, Barbecued chicken, etc. We had them cater my brother's rehearsal dinner and my wife uses them to cater work events often.

Sports Bar and Grill in Raleigh NC | Best BBQ Restaurant | Food Catering Services Raleigh

Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 AM

725 posts, read 1,499,926 times
I've been to parties that were catered by Dixie Bell ( in Apex) and think the food is great. Their site does have a catering menu PDF with prices.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:16 AM

632 posts, read 1,843,696 times
We loved Backyard BBQ Pit on Hwy 55 in Durham (on Hwy 55 between I-540 and I-40) when we lived in our temp. apartment near there. I've been missing them (since we moved further away). Really good pulled pork and ribs and good cole slaw, too. I didn't try much else, but they had chicken, too. I seem to remember a sign about catering. Go try a plate and see if you like it.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:50 AM

74 posts, read 313,369 times
Backyard is great, Allen and Son's in Pittsboro is great( Some people prefer the Chapel Hill location..., and one that is a little off the map... Big Al's BBQ

Personally, if you want variety that rocks... I would suggest Big Al's over the store fronts any day of the week.

Warning: If you like chain restaurant ribs, don't get Big Al's ribs... You'll never want any baby back,baby back, riiiibs again.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM

533 posts, read 1,198,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCats View Post
We loved Backyard BBQ Pit on Hwy 55 in Durham (on Hwy 55 between I-540 and I-40) when we lived in our temp. apartment near there. I've been missing them (since we moved further away). Really good pulled pork and ribs and good cole slaw, too. I didn't try much else, but they had chicken, too. I seem to remember a sign about catering. Go try a plate and see if you like it.
Another vote for Backyard BBQ Pit. The food is great, and the people who work over at the Guess Road location are super. Their website gives some info about catering.

Catering Service & Bulk BBQ Menu - Backyard BBQ Pit Restaurant and Catering - RTP, NC

Old 11-01-2010, 01:17 PM

233 posts, read 860,302 times
We used to use Ricky Layton, Laytons Catering. He's downtown Raleigh and very very good. His mom makes all his desserts, unless they've changed any recipes in the last few years, everything they ever did for the company I used to work for was awesome!!!

I would not recommend Olde Time BBQ, we had them cater one event, and the fried chicken was horrible and had an awful burnt taste to it. Blech...

Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCats View Post

By far the BEST BBQ we have found. Excellent sides--mac-n-cheese and greens so good even my wife wants more

We make the trip at least twice a month.

We will be moving towards Fuquay Varina in the spring and something tells me I will be enjoying the Backyard more often!!

Old 11-01-2010, 05:02 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
I like Dixie Bell very much, but I think Backyard Bistro is especially good. A co-worker brought some of their bbq into the office last summer, and I decided it was the best bbq around. And I've eaten bbq for a long time. Backyard Bistro is near the Comfort Inn off Trinity Road, I think. Near the fairgrounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary