Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times

Advertisements

I've also seen him referred to as a former surgeon. That I can understand.

As far as the little girl's prosthetic leg being called a fake leg---well that just plain made me mad. If so many other medical terms used in the past are no longer allowed why would the media lead a story with "fake leg"? You don't see the words "retarded" or "fit" being used anymore so why "fake leg". Does the media think their audience is so ignorant as to not know what a prosthetic leg is? boy this is so sad as is the whole story about that little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:34 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,881,444 times
Either way, there is no winner in this case. A promising young woman's life was cut short and a skilled surgeon's career and life was ruined by alcohol and a bad decision to drink and drive.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Twenty bucks says he gets out of this with community service and probation. Yes, I understand he lost his license to practice but that's not good enough. I hope he does jail time and loses everything he has in civil court. I would love to tell him to his face what a piece of $#!^ he truly is. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who chooses to drive drunk.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:09 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Twenty bucks says he gets out of this with community service and probation. Yes, I understand he lost his license to practice but that's not good enough. I hope he does jail time and loses everything he has in civil court. I would love to tell him to his face what a piece of $#!^ he truly is. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who chooses to drive drunk.
I hope you're wrong but it wouldn't surprise me. The thing is, wasn't he going 90mph?? That's going to really hurt his case one would think.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,631 times
In the paper it said he completed a rehab program. I hope he's smart enough to be attending AA meetings regularly and to know that his drinking days are ovah! He can't get w/in smelling distance of it.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:30 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I hope he's smart enough to be attending AA meetings regularly and to know that his drinking days are ovah! He can't get w/in smelling distance of it.
Sadly, the roads are full of people who never learn this....

Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 PM

153 posts, read 860,728 times
Default My contact with dr cook

Such a sad story. He did an awful thing, having no intention to harm a person he took her life anyway. Though I cannot say he saved my daughters life, he did transform it. He was an amazing surgeon that treated my daughter, he had compassion, kindness, and went out of his way to explain and comfort me. I am not defending him of course he deserves to pay for what he has done, but it just makes it that much sadder for everyone. a skilled surgeon and compassionate man has had his life transformed permanently, so has the family of a young and beautiful ballerina.

If there is a God, I have to ask, why do things like this happen?

My heart goes out to everyone involved.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezmom View Post
Such a sad story. He did an awful thing, having no intention to harm a person he took her life anyway. Though I cannot say he saved my daughters life, he did transform it. He was an amazing surgeon that treated my daughter, he had compassion, kindness, and went out of his way to explain and comfort me. I am not defending him of course he deserves to pay for what he has done, but it just makes it that much sadder for everyone. a skilled surgeon and compassionate man has had his life transformed permanently, so has the family of a young and beautiful ballerina.

My heart goes out to everyone involved.

The accident proves that in reality he is a self-centered person who had the "it won't happen to me" mentality. It's obvious that the only reason he made you feel the way he did is because he was getting paid for it. If he had true compassion for others he wouldn't have driven drunk. What excuse could he possibly give for driving drunk? Couldn't afford a cab? Ha! He lives in a million dollar house. A taxi would be an inconvenience? Please, he could've had a few more drinks while he waited. I bet that pager going off at 3am is an inconvenience. Oh wait, he gets paid when that thing goes off.

Account Summary - 0277387

Quote:
Only God knows the answer. Having faith allows you to understand.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 PM

153 posts, read 860,728 times
More people then you realize have the "it won't happen to me mentality".

You make it sound like I am defending him, not true. Just he was a great doctor, regardless if it was for money, he did not have to go out of his way like he did for myself and my daughter.

I think he should be locked up, just like any other person who has killed someone. He made his choice.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
he did not have to go out of his way like he did for myself and my daughter.
Yes, he did. That's what his boss required of him. I understand you are not defending him. I just wanted to make sure you understood that he only cared because that was his job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary