Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Greek Fiesta has several locations & theirs are very good. If you sign up for their newsletter they send out BOGO offers quite often.

Greek Fiesta
Ugh I have to strongly disagree with this one. Very bland, and absolutely not cut off a spit; they pull slices out of the freezer and grill them. They are to gyros what McDonalds is to hamburgers.

I'm still looking for a great one. La Shish wasn't bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 08:41 AM

65 posts, read 112,102 times
Mediterranean Deli in Chapel Hill has great gyro sandwiches!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:13 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Ugh I have to strongly disagree with this one. Very bland, and absolutely not cut off a spit; they pull slices out of the freezer and grill them. They are to gyros what McDonalds is to hamburgers.

I'm still looking for a great one. La Shish wasn't bad.
I would have to agree with this. Greek Fiesta is the worst. I hate those slices they use. There is just no texture. I already feel shafted when I eat the gyro meat that comes from the tubes. Although better than the slices, it is still not the authentic gyro where slices of meat are alternated between beef and lamb onto a spit.

Just to throw it out there since a few have asked. There is a place on 15-501 infront of Barnes and Nobles and next door almost to Jasons Deli called "Philly Steak". The place isn't much for atmosphere and beauty but man he sure does put the meat on the sandwhich (pita actually). Plus he uses the chunky feta cheese which I will take over the crumbles anyday. I went there Friday and forgot to take a picture for the forum until about four bites in and I figured yall didn't want to see a eaten on gyro.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyh View Post
Mediterranean Deli in Chapel Hill has great gyro sandwiches!
Med Deli is awesome!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary