Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,089,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I have successfully sold bulk silver on Ebay. I sold this enormous pile of sterling bangles, silver scrap jewelry, silver plateware all to one guy...please be sure to accurately describe what you are selling, even if it sounds ridiculously over-explained. Plated, solid, whatever. Ebay's a tough nut when a buyer files a complaint -- they can end up with your stuff and their money back to boot.

Best of luck!!!!
So true. Avoid ebay and TV gold buyers at all costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 2,609 times
Default Reselling Jewelry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I just wrapped up a weekend blitz of 8 of the local gold buyers. So I don't run afoul of the moderators, I won't post my results here, but if you are interested in what I did, feel free to PM me and I will tell you how I was able to boost the value of my sale over 100% from my first estimate to my final sale.

What I was selling was old, broken pieces of jewelry (mostly 14k, but one piece was 18k) that my wife no longer wanted -- truly "scrap". If you approach it methodically, you will be happy with the results, trust me!
This is my first time on this site so I'm not sure how this will work. I have quite a bit of silver jewelry that I would like to sell. I'd be very interested in your experiences and where you went.

Thanks!

Phillip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary