Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 12:48 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times

Advertisements

All,

We're looking for a company to perform maintenance/minor repairs as needed to our irrigation system.

Anyone know of any good, well established companies?

Old 07-14-2014, 12:12 PM

171 posts, read 318,958 times
We have an existing irrigation system that needed repair when we moved into our Cary home last year and we used Dr. Sprinkler Doctor Sprinkler - Raleigh, NC Sprinkler Repair, Irrigation Repair, Sprinkler Winterization, Commercial Irrigation Repair, Service, Maintenance. Our technician is Ben and he's been great...repaired some broken sprinkler heads, installed a new rain gauge, moved a spinkler head, then came back for the winterization and spring restart. We've been pleased with their service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 12:33 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,484 times
We used Greenway Irrigation to winterize/start up our irrigation for years prior to moving last year.

They had been great keeping our cobbled together (half professional, half home-depot) system going well for years.

very nice, professional and did not charge an arm/leg for fixing when things stopped working. My DH and I would joke that slowly the home-depot side was turning 'professional' as it was updated piece by piece as that crap stopped working.

:-)

Old 07-14-2014, 03:17 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,288 times
I was happy with Dr. Sprinkler until recently. I already paid for Ben to program our controller at the beginning of the season and they way he programmed it, our cycle lasted 4 hours and flooded our yard.

I asked him to come back and change it since we did not have that problem until he programmed it for us. He made the necessary changes in about 10 minutes and I got another bill for 150$. That will be the last time they get a call from us.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:12 PM

Thank you all for the recommendations.

Kids_Dentist, did you find a new company yet?

Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Thank you all for the recommendations.

Kids_Dentist, did you find a new company yet?
We haven't had any other services needed but will need someone to help winterize at the end of the season. If you or anyone else has a good experience be sure to post!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids_Dentist View Post
We haven't had any other services needed but will need someone to help winterize at the end of the season. If you or anyone else has a good experience be sure to post!
Will do. I'm going to be calling for quotes here soon. We have a zone that's flaked out on us.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:48 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,676,780 times
DO you have a system diagram? Check for loose wires or replace the valve on the affected zone. Valves are under $20.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I was happy with Dr. Sprinkler until recently. I already paid for Ben to program our controller at the beginning of the season and they way he programmed it, our cycle lasted 4 hours and flooded our yard.

I asked him to come back and change it since we did not have that problem until he programmed it for us. He made the necessary changes in about 10 minutes and I got another bill for 150$. That will be the last time they get a call from us.
Just wanted to update for those searching in the future- Ben was responsive to my situation and was nice enough to waive the charges we incurred. As I originally said in this thread and another, we were satisfied with the overall work provided. I think Ben's call to follow up and make things right with a customer speaks volumes to the company as a whole.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to update for those searching in the future- Ben was responsive to my situation and was nice enough to waive the charges we incurred. As I originally said in this thread and another, we were satisfied with the overall work provided. I think Ben's call to follow up and make things right with a customer speaks volumes to the company as a whole.
Good to know. I tried a place and hated them. I might have to give him a call!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary