Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:22 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

I just heard about this place. Sounds like it may have opened up in Holly Springs over the summer. I would like to find more info about them, but I can't seem to dig up a website on google. Have you been there? What's it like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 02:31 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
I drive by it all the time and was meaning to go out and check the reviews. I haven't had time to stop in lateley, but hope to soon!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:16 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,056 times
I found the website, but am still not sure EXACTLY what it is (do they have food and if so what kind, etc - they mention dessert. . ); I haven't noticed it when driving near there. . . but you've got my interest. I'm going to have to check it out soon. Will let you know if I do. Here's the site: www.nichenc.com

Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
They seem a little "marketing challenged" - it looks like they are right by the My Way Tavern (which I frequent) and I didn't know it was there either. The website doesn't help a whole lot, but I will definitely check out the Saturday night live music.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,105 times
I love Niche! It is a very cute, quaint little wine bar. The only food they serve are deserts, hummus and crackers and a cheese plate - all which are very good. The owners, Nick and Cheri, are awesome and really know their wines. On Mondays, the special is wine by the glass for $2 and they definitely don't skimp, it's a full glass. This is a great way to taste new wines that you wouldn't normally order. The wine tasting on Thursday night is fun too. They are generally themed - Italian wines, Mexican wines, etc.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try sometime. The location is easy to miss - it's between a computer repair place and an antique/flower shop and right around the corner from My Way Tavern.

Here's a link to their Facebook page if you wanna check that out too.
Welcome to Facebook

Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
I love Niche! It is a very cute, quaint little wine bar. The only food they serve are deserts, hummus and crackers and a cheese plate - all which are very good. The owners, Nick and Cheri, are awesome and really know their wines. On Mondays, the special is wine by the glass for $2 and they definitely don't skimp, it's a full glass. This is a great way to taste new wines that you wouldn't normally order. The wine tasting on Thursday night is fun too. They are generally themed - Italian wines, Mexican wines, etc.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try sometime. The location is easy to miss - it's between a computer repair place and an antique/flower shop and right around the corner from My Way Tavern.

Here's a link to their Facebook page if you wanna check that out too.
Welcome to Facebook
That's pretty funny. They aren't a business on Facebook, they're a person.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm going to try and stick my head in tonight. They have live music and free wine tasting!

From the Niche Facebook page -
We will have some great music tonight during our usual FREE WINE TASTING from 6pm - 8pm One of the musicians playing has toured with Robert Plant so you know he's good! Why not come down, it's free!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Default Are they still open?

I've had this place on my radar for some time but don't make it down to Holly Springs very often. Was thinking of checking it out this month but I just saw an advertisement on Craig's list that makes it sound like the owner is trying to sell the business. Is Niche still open?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,101,844 times
It is still open but I had heard they were opening a Raw Bar in Fuquay so perhaps they're trying to sell this (terrible) location.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM

That is a bit of blow for downtown Holly Springs if somebody doesn't take it over. I knew they were opening a seafood restaurant in Fuquay but I had assumed they would keep Niche going also.

The new restaurant looks interesting but I am concerned with the location they have chosen. It looks like they are going to be on the Fuquay side (possibly the old Cooleys location??). Most of the restaurants and nightlife are on the Varina side of town, which is much more convenient.

sammyssurfbar.com (http://www.sammyssurfbar.com/page1 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary