Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:53 PM

123 posts, read 551,412 times

Advertisements

Well I am one of the lucky few in Az that has a contract to sell my home! Carolina here we come! Of course with the market so slow here in AZ (as it is about everywhere else in the nation except where I'm moving to) builders are offering free pools, upgrades galore and up to $100k off. Question, is the national housing slow down and higher rates affecting sales levels yet in the Triangle? Builders are always trying to tell you how rosy the market is. We are specifically looking in Cary, in the $400-500k price range. Are builders willing to deal or negotiate upgrades? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillLookingToo View Post
Well I am one of the lucky few in Az that has a contract to sell my home! Carolina here we come! Of course with the market so slow here in AZ (as it is about everywhere else in the nation except where I'm moving to) builders are offering free pools, upgrades galore and up to $100k off. Question, is the national housing slow down and higher rates affecting sales levels yet in the Triangle? Builders are always trying to tell you how rosy the market is. We are specifically looking in Cary, in the $400-500k price range. Are builders willing to deal or negotiate upgrades? Thanks.
Yes, many are. But the market is not as soft as you experience in AZ. Cary market is as strong as any around.
You won't get a free pool or $100,000 off.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 PM

123 posts, read 551,412 times
Thanks Mike. Was hoping there might be some deals out there.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Deals are around but not a fire sale atmosphere.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM

40 posts, read 133,916 times
Default Are You Stuck on Cary?

Cary has enjoyed tremendous growth the past few years which is now spilling over into Apex and Holly Springs area and a few miles southwest.

The Brier Creek area which is north of Cary ia also very nice with golf communities, shopping and restaurants and if you need to stay on the west side of Raleigh.

Another nice area poised for growth which offers much of the same as well as 1 acre lots with 3000sqft + custom built homes is Wake Forest. You may want to check it out if you're ok with a 25 minute drive time to the airport. Best of luck!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:51 PM

266 posts, read 590,714 times
The market is definitely beginning to slow, and Beazer is getting increasingly desperate to unload their glut of homes. I would suggest waiting on the fence for a really good deal. The triangle area is only a lagging statistic. Anecdotally, many people are leaving the area and purchasing in areas already hit by decreased prices. Cary is far too expensive a town to live in for being in NC. If you feel that you must buy, buy with value (Knightdale, NE Raleigh, some parts of Apex, etc). Do NOT buy in an already priced out area and don't pay more than 200-250. McMansions will be the worst hit.

Oh, I'm a homeowner and certainly not a realtor.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,506 times
Funny you should mention Beazer. They've got a community off Ebenezer Church Road. Mostly town homes, but a few nice, but not outstanding looking single families, IMO, all way overpriced and you have to drive through town homes to get to them.

Whilst cycling past today I saw the sign, "New agent on duty" or words to that effect. I was wondering if they sacked the last one, or he/she got so peed off with not selling one single family that they quit.

I also read somewhere yesterday that Beazer had defaulted on something. Not being in the business I don't really understand what the problem was, or how severe they may be.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:43 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,693,941 times
It's really going to depend on the area, neighborhood, and builder, but this is a very good time to buy. Good deals to be had, and don't be afraid to make an offer.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Beazer is being investigated for mortgage irregularities, mainly in Georgia.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:17 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,074 times
Having done this move recently I strongly suggest getting an apartment in the area you think you may like and sign a 6 months to 1 year lease. Then get to know the area, the schools(especiallyl if you have current school age children), the traffic patterns, and people. Once you do that you will find it much easier to buy the house you want and where you want. The market is softening in NC as it is everywhere, prices are not going up as fast as they are and in some areas are even dropping. I just read an article last week that said houses in the $400k and up have really slowed here. Under $400k are still selling. Wake Forest is a nice area having lived here a few years but in you plan to work in the Triangle or points south be prepared for major traffic jams on almost all roads heading south of wake forest during normal business days and times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary