Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 AM

334 posts, read 867,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcretro View Post
Bumping an old post... Any new recommendations for balancing? and how much so I expect to pay?

I am have slight vibrations on my 02 Camry when driving over 72 or so mph. Felt very little on the steering, more on the gas pedal and driver seat. This has started pretty recently. I did recently change my front rotors and pads and also got my usual tire rotation & balance. There is NO vibration/pulsation when braking.

Took it to two different discount tire locations since I get free rotation and balance... After the first time, the vibration shifted. Instead of happening at 65+ it now happens more like at 74+

Thx
Could be the tire itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 05:30 PM

663 posts, read 1,619,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanville View Post
Could be the tire itself.
Right I suspect that very much, But how do I prove it? i can almost feel the right driver side slightly of hop over 65.

Can I ask discount tire for like a print out of the wheel balance results? I don't know if those machines give a print out. (bought the tire there less than 2 yrs/15K miles ago)

Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,588 times
Discount Tire can do road force testing, they just don't do it by default. Check to see if they did that. They should have since it is used to diagnose issues like what you are seeing.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 PM

They can check for the tire being out of round or flat spotted. I had one on my Taurus that produced a slight vibration. When I had the tires rotated the vibration went to the back.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Thx. Is there a printable result that this road force balancing is supposed to provide? (sort of like what we get after an alignment.)

When I asked them, they were hesitant & said oh I didn't print one out... I see pretty big weights on two of the wheels. He didn't try to blame it due to a bent rim etc...

Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 AM

What brand of tires and how many miles on them?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 AM

78 posts, read 160,555 times
Default Issues with Performance Chassis

I see several have recommended Performance Chassis in Cary. I have tried them several times, but have had bad experiences - just trying to get return phone calls, no answers to emails, seemingly clueless office person, having work done only to find later they had messed something up (discovered after son was on a cross country trip - their answer, gee we're sorry, bring it back to us).

I keep wanting to use them as they you'd think they should be a cut about the regular tire changer place, but boy, my multiple disappointments with them sure make it hard to go back. I tried again recently and emailed them a question (email listed on their website) - never heard back.

I'd check with another independent shop like Frantz Automotive in Cary Welcome to Frantz Automotive Center . They seem very knowledgeable, professional, and actually seem to know how to deal with customers. I don't know what they would charge.

Good luck in your search.

Quote:
Bumping an old post... Any new recommendations for balancing? and how much so I expect to pay?

I am have slight vibrations on my 02 Camry when driving over 72 or so mph. Felt very little on the steering, more on the gas pedal and driver seat. This has started pretty recently. I did recently change my front rotors and pads and also got my usual tire rotation & balance. There is NO vibration/pulsation when braking.

Took it to two different discount tire locations since I get free rotation and balance... After the first time, the vibration shifted. Instead of happening at 65+ it now happens more like at 74+

Thx

Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanville View Post
What brand of tires and how many miles on them?
Yokohoma Avid Envigor (215/60/16), put on like Sept 2011, about 17K miles till date.

If road force balance is supposed to give definitive results, they should be able to provide me a print out I would think.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,588 times
Quote:
Yokohoma Avid Envigor (215/60/16), put on like Sept 2011, about 17K miles till date.

If road force balance is supposed to give definitive results, they should be able to provide me a print out I would think.

I would think you're right. They should have an option to print screen. Give them a call..let us know what you find out. I would expect that a competent tire shop would use the readings from that testing to prove to a vendor that a tire or rim was out of spec.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary