Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,494 times

Advertisements

From Long Island, NY and my husband is starting a job in roanoke rapids, nc. Have had no luck online or with any realtors in finding a home to rent. need atleast 3 bedrooms large home. we have four young children. schools are the most important. please advise, we are going down the day after thanksgiving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 04:32 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadarewnai View Post
From Long Island, NY and my husband is starting a job in roanoke rapids, nc. Have had no luck online or with any realtors in finding a home to rent. need atleast 3 bedrooms large home. we have four young children. schools are the most important. please advise, we are going down the day after thanksgiving
I think you have your towns confused - Wilson is no where near Roanoke Rapids - Wilson is in east central NC while Roanoke Rapids is only about 5 miles south of the Virginia border - both are on 95 but they are about 50 or 60 miles apart. Roanoke Rapids always seemed like a semi-decent place, but I really don't know - it's very small, but there are no large towns in that area. Wilson is small too. Rocky Mount is larger, but I have heard bad things about it. I think you are probably going to be stuck "living in the sticks" Check with local realtors

Old 11-24-2010, 09:25 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,600 times
Like any town, there are good and bad areas of Rocky Mount. I will say that there isn't much to do there... and they have what my parents call "pretend" big box stores - just enough in them to tease you. They do most of their shopping in Raleigh.

Rocky Mount is still a good 40min drive from Roanoke Rapids though - so keep that in mind as you think about the commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary